Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the interface of your choice
I just used symphony desktop for a few days which I liked but their support really sucks. Three days no respond. Because of that I will be returning this thing and get presonus quantum.
Very happy with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 2. The gen 3 looks even better. I like an interface that has knobs and a meter.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Depends on how many inputs you need, among other things. For years I used a Sound Devices USBPre 2 and was really happy with everything except the headphone amp. I am now using a Sonosax M2D2 which is at another level of detail and transparency, and the headphone amp is excellent. If I need more than two inputs I have a Sound Devices MixPre 6 and wish I'd gotten the MixPre 10 to have the 8 inputs as I sometimes need more than 4.

For my studio DAC (for editing, mixing, etc.) I use RME ADI-2 FS, which has no inputs (I didn't get the Pro version) but I don't need them for those tasks.
(02-27-2022, 06:29 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: I just used symphony desktop for a few days which I liked but their support really sucks. Three days no respond. Because of that I will be returning this thing and get presonus quantum.

I'm still happy with my MOTU Ultralite AVB. If I need more inputs and/or need to multitrack record my hardware synths I add my Soundcraft UI24R for another 20 I/O. Normally the Soundcraft mixes/FX-s the synths and the resulting (analogue) stereo goes into a pair of MOTU inputs.Yes I know this is double conversion but it also has merits when trying out things and at DAWless jamming.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(02-27-2022, 06:29 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: I just used symphony desktop for a few days which I liked but their support really sucks. Three days no respond. Because of that I will be returning this thing and get presonus quantum.

Hi
I use Motu AVB interfaces. They work, support is professional
and Motu ofers extra's : AVB interface gives 64 i/o

There is an internal 48 channel mixer monitoring / foh with eq compression and reverb
Latency is minimal

connections are ethernet. 
https://motu.com/products/avb/8a
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Perfect guys I gathered really helpful info here. After five days Apogee returned to my mail like nothing happens. I'm not even going to activate their plugins to try them. I will return and get myself Motu 1228 or 8m I have not decided which one to get yet. I will use the symphony until Motu arrives. I appreciate everyone for chime in and throw word of wisdom here. Love you guys.
(03-01-2022, 01:42 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: I'm still happy with my MOTU Ultralite AVB. If I need more inputs and/or need to multitrack record my hardware synths I add my Soundcraft UI24R for another 20 I/O. Normally the Soundcraft mixes/FX-s the synths and the resulting (analogue) stereo goes into a pair of MOTU inputs.Yes I know this is double conversion but it also has merits when trying out things and at DAWless jamming.
MMM

I use the MOTU Ultralite AVB.   In a dawless compact situation.

The Ultralite has moved into my suitcase/flightcase with has a Hydrasynth (8 voice poly) ,  A Yamaha Vl70m ( 1 voice), and a Audyo Sylphyo  windcontroller.

Additional channels via de Adat interface. 8 more

when i go and play i disconnect power and UTP , close the lid and go. 
On stage i connect power and UTP , or FOH and monitor. Compact, fast .  18 channels in out

MMM made me aware of class compliant Motu !!
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
my vote is for metric halo all day long. support-yes great. upgradable.
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
Motu 828es vs 8pre es Is there a difference build quality between those? FYI, In the ear future, I will be adding Harrison pre amp. Keep that in mind also. Thanks in advance
Universal Audio Apollo x6. UAD2 plugins and unison with Harrison 32C is a killer combo.