Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Store mixer settings: bug ?
Hi johne53,

After the previous test i try to create a new session just called "test"......and the function is working.

So i retried with the exisiting session which didn't work and a it did'nt work....... No surprise.

After that i remove from the path of the exisiting sessions all specific cahracter like ' or ¨. After renaming it works !!!!!

As a conclusion it seems that all characters are not usable into the mixbus session name do you confirm ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
(02-05-2022, 01:30 PM)guigui67 Wrote: After that i remove from the path of the exisiting sessions all specific cahracter like ' or ¨. After renaming it works !!!!!

As a conclusion it seems that all characters are not usable into the mixbus session name do you confirm ?

There have been issues with internationalisation before. Best to use only characters from the English alphabet. I even avoid blanks etc even in "normal life".
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Quote:D:\Documents\MAO\Enregistrements\Voc'aïne.

My French isn't great but it looks like the above file couldn't be opened - either it didn't exist or, as you found, the file name contained characters which Mixbus (or Windows) couldn't understand. Do you know what that file is and what it's relevant to? (a plugin maybe?)

Alternatively, it might have been a folder which couldn't be created. "Impossible de créer le répertoire ou le fichier." apparently means "Unable to create directory or file".
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Thanks for all the exchanges,

as a conclusion I think that it is really link to the characters.

I will follow the advice from madmaxmiller and use only normal character.

The name "Voc'aïne" is normally written as "Voc'aïne" and refers to a folder. After the change as just "Voc" it works.

So thanks for your support.
Code:
D:\Documents\MAO\Enregistrements\Voc'aïne.

This looks like this filename went through various phase/softwares which happily mixed up theit char tables, like some soft (or your OS version or its desktop manager) used ISO-8859-something then the following soft translated to UTF8 or vice-versa and even might have happened more than once or there was some OS change or OS update/upgrade/downgrade meanwhile and there you are.
The safe usual way is to une only strict ASCII chars which exist and are able to type using at most a key and SHIFT on most keyboard variants (AZ,QW,QZ,local variants, ex (since you use FR) like ch,ca), so avoid any klingon, APL, script (especially special meaning chars like quotes, stars and such), avoid spaces at any rate, there's a space war from ages between redmond, adobe and apple and since there never been a safe space for users.
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407, 7.2.0, 8.2.184, 9.2.105, 10.0.0 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22, 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR