Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new 32C Channel AVA plugin?
(09-13-2021, 07:03 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Seems to be fashionable at the moment. There's another guy named Paul Third (a very annoying one) and some guy in Austria. One guy has taken a white noise, sent it through a 32C EQ and then tweaked another EQ until it nulled. Yeah, right.
What's more disturbing is that people are willing to believe some random Youtube guys right away (but not Harrison) without trying it out themselves - I mean the tools are freely available.

MMM

P.S. in the case of the Austrian guy it turned out he is co-auther of an EQ pluging, go figure.

I think my favourite was some idiot taking a single stem export from a channel, with no summing involved, selecting "no processing" and then claiming that mixbus was "snake oil" because there was no difference! Nope not analogue! The kid wasn't even old enough to have used anything analogue, let alone access to a real 32C.

Here's the question none of them answer:
Does it sound and act like a hardware 32C channel?

These "debunkers" don't actually define how "analogue" or how "Harrison" (or in this case how the 32C eq) should sound or function.

What eq curve should it have, exactly? - How does the plugin differ?

What ballistics should the compressors have? - How does the plugin differ?

What tonal changes (or not) should said compressors have? - How does the plugin differ?

What is the math? - How does the plugin differ?

How should the eq curve react at different settings? - How does the plugin differ?

Did they emulate the interaction between the eq bands? - How does the plugin differ?

They fail at basic comparison testing.
Damn, guys! So much futile theory, so much blah blah blah... 

Honestly, these guys must be bored that much.  

The 32C Channel plugin simply sounds great to so many people out there without any doubt. 

To the other ones...download the demo, try it out...if you think it´s cool, if you think it sounds beautiful on your tracks, 
buy it! 

If however you don't think it´s great, if you think it´s not doing more to your tracks than your basic Reaper EQ, well, than... 
you better... uninstall the demo, just give it a miss and, basta! 

As far as I do understand it, Harrison don't  force anyone to buy it, right?  

So they have made so much great stuff, they don't have to satisfy these particular kind of people at the end of the day.  

Just go ahead and make music instead. 

Cheers.
(09-14-2021, 05:04 PM)Warevo Wrote: Damn, guys! So much futile theory, so much blah blah blah... 

Honestly, these guys must be bored that much.  

The 32C Channel plugin simply sounds great to so many people out there without any doubt. 

To the other ones...download the demo, try it out...if you think it´s cool, if you think it sounds beautiful on your tracks, 
buy it! 

If however you don't think it´s great, if you think it´s not doing more to your tracks than your basic Reaper EQ, well, than... 
you better... uninstall the demo, just give it a miss and, basta! 

As far as I do understand it, Harrison don't  force anyone to buy it, right?  

So they have made so much great stuff, they don't have to satisfy these particular kind of people at the end of the day.  

Just go ahead and make music instead. 

Cheers.

+1
Cool
Any news on an update regarding the GUI problems on Intel cards?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Behringer UMC1820 + ADA8200, Debian 12 + XFCE
(09-18-2021, 05:30 AM)rutsch Wrote: Any news on an update regarding the GUI problems on Intel cards?

Intel? Which OS? I'm running an i5 with Intel graphics:

Code:
$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 630 (Desktop)

That's AVLinux MXE. I have an identical Windows machine but don't seriously run Mixbus on it but can check if you like.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Linux. Just read the thread, page 2 exactly.

Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: i915 v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: intel unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution:
1: 1920x1080~60Hz 2: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 630 (KBL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.7
AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Behringer UMC1820 + ADA8200, Debian 12 + XFCE
O.k. first i am sure this is not made by Harrison.
This is just a work from a external company.

"Every resistor, capacitor, and transistor is included in the model"

Means it is not sampled? It is just a simulation of the schematics. Am i right?
And it sound like this! Same as the "Code Red Free" witch is simulated from
the schematics compared to the sampled version of the Waves Redd plugin.
But the Code Red Free is free. Big difference.

You should really apologize for putting the name Harrison on that Plugin!

This sound harsh? Yes cause i love Harrison consoles.
I worked and learned on several MPC`s and today i use the 32-C as my main DAW.
And cause it sounds so great i live with the problem that waves plugins
have heavily problems when moving them in 32-C. But for this plugin i have no words.

We deserve the real deal! You have the samples from the 32-C! Use it and deliver a plugin that deserves the name Harrison!
And stop selling this piece of shit cause it hurts the name of your company and it make me feel ashamed.

The story goes like this. I was invited to a studio session and the owner
tells me proud that he purchased for me the 32C channel plug to make it easier for me as a Harrison user.
I was very happy and was looking forward. What happens was so embarrassing i do not want to tell details.
I ended up using the Waves SSL channel strip. So thanks for that guys!

For all readers just try excellent Mixbus 32-C and compare it to "this Plugin".
They do not sound even similar.

And if you deliver a channel plugin you need also the Bus plugin.
Otherwise it makes no sense.
Not sure what happened in that session, but the 32C Channel works just fine for me.
I know that the folks at Harrison are proud of what they build and sell.
If you lobby hard they might release a Bus Master plugin with some of the tape saturation and Mastering goodies.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-06-2021, 04:35 PM)Michael Wrote: O.k. first i am sure this is not made by Harrison.
This is just a work from a external company.

"Every resistor, capacitor, and transistor is included in the model"

Means it is not sampled? It is just a simulation of the schematics. Am i right?
And it sound like this! Same as the "Code Red Free" witch is simulated from
the schematics compared to the sampled version of the Waves Redd plugin.
But the Code Red Free is free. Big difference.

You should really apologize for putting the name Harrison on that Plugin!

This sound harsh? Yes cause i love Harrison consoles.
I worked and learned on several MPC`s and today i use the 32-C as my main DAW.
And cause it sounds so great i live with the problem that waves plugins
have heavily problems when moving them in 32-C. But for this plugin i have no words.

We deserve the real deal! You have the samples from the 32-C! Use it and deliver a plugin that deserves the name Harrison!
And stop selling this piece of shit cause it hurts the name of your company and it make me feel ashamed.

The story goes like this. I was invited to a studio session and the owner
tells me proud that he purchased for me the 32C channel plug to make it easier for me as a Harrison user.
I was very happy and was looking forward. What happens was so embarrassing i do not want to tell details.
I ended up using the Waves SSL channel strip. So thanks for that guys!

For all readers just try excellent Mixbus 32-C and compare it to "this Plugin".
They do not sound even similar.

And if you deliver a channel plugin you need also the Bus plugin.
Otherwise it makes no sense.
There's one thing this user might be right with.

You can't use the EQ on the 32C Channel plugin the exact same way like the built in EQ in Mixbus 32C. 
You can't turn it all the way up and it never will sound "extreme". 

In the 32C console you can push the highs, the mids all the way up and it rarely will sound harsh or extreme in any way. 

On the EQ of 32C Channel plugin you have to be much more subtle in your moves but once you have noticed that 
it starts to shine. Less is more, especially on the highs and high mids but other than on the 32C DAW console it is not necessary 
to do the big moves to receive more noticeable changes or results either. 

Actually it behaves more like a "modern" EQ, not like the typical classical old style creamy built-in 32C Console EQ. 

If you know how to use the EQ on the 32C Channel plugin the right way you will get this beautiful and big Harrison sound we all 
love out of it though. 

It´s a very nice one once you get to know it better indeed. It certainly deserves the name "Harrison" finally.  ;-)

Cheers.
I stumbelt over this Video and you can exactly hear the sound of a 32-C Console and the "other".
And this is exactly like i "feel" this Plugin. No grib, it does not stand right in your face.
I listen on several Monitors. The hardest difference you can hear on Adam
and on my old "Klein & Hummel".
This is not how the Plugin is advertised! I would understand if it has a "Noise" button
that would be legit have the original 32-C sound and the possibility without analog flair.
But it is just some Plugin. If you compress a bit harder it has nothing to do with the Console.

But this is not how it is described. It reads like it is the real deal.

Listen Yourself:
Take care of the Sax and the Midrange Impulses and the Bassline!

To make it clear if this was made by a random Plugin Company as "32 Flair" it would be O.K.