Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sloooooow startup (32c v7-Win10)
Spoke too soon. After connecting my sound card, a JoeCo Cello, I am back to 2m30s load time. I am not sure how this affects initialization, but I feel like this is ridiculous for any software in this day & age. JoeCo drivers are pretty damn solid industry wide. Frustrating, but whatever. What can I do....
Hi @Lumin!

Here is a link to our FAQ support manual, regarding slow windows startup:

https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...ow-startup

...I hope one of those suggestions will solve your issue!

-Ben
Tried those some time ago. One of the first things I did while investigating how to fix this lag time. Thank you for the reply though.
@Lumin -  rather than double-clicking its icon, have you tried running Mixbus from a DOS Terminal window (sometimes called a Command Prompt) ?

Terminal windows usually show printouts and you can sometimes get an idea of what's happening to cause the delay.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(08-20-2022, 02:05 AM)johne53 Wrote: @Lumin -  rather than double-clicking its icon, have you tried running Mixbus from a DOS Terminal window (sometimes called a Command Prompt) ?

Terminal windows usually show printouts and you can sometimes get an idea of what's happening to cause the delay.

I meant to paste that in a previous message and it slipped my mind.
Any anomalies any of you see in this startup?

-------------
C:\Users\lumin>Mixbus32C7.2.0 (built using 7.2 and GCC version 4.9.1)
Crash Log: C:\Users\lumin\AppData\Local\Mixbus7\CrashLog\Mixbus32C-7.2.0-crash-1661272106.txt
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: MMCSS Initialized
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Mixbus32C to 2048 open files
ARDOUR_CONFIG_PATH not set in environment
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\system_config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading user configuration file C:\Users\lumin\AppData\Local\Mixbus7\config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: AVX-capable processor
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: AVX with FMA capable processor
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: CPU brand: Intel® Xeon® E-2276M  CPU @ 2.80GHz
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Using AVX and FMA optimized routines
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading plugin meta data file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\plugin_metadata\plugin_tags
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading plugin statistics file C:\Users\lumin\AppData\Local\Mixbus7\plugin_metadata\plugin_stats
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\default_ui_config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading user ui configuration file C:\Users\lumin\AppData\Local\Mixbus7\ui_config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading 452 MIDI patches from C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\patchfiles
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading color file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\themes\dark-mixbus32c.colors
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\clearlooks.rc
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading bindings from C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\ardour.keys
Loading ui configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-7\share\ardour7\clearlooks.rc
Announcement is: Version 8 is now available!  Clip Launching, Bundled Content, Mixer Scenes, Native Mac M1 support!  Click to learn more.

--------------------
It looks like the last step was to communicate with Harrison. Try closing Mixbus and then disconnect from the internet temporarily. Then restart Mixbus and see if it's suddenly faster again. Might be an issue with your internet connection.
Did not affect anything. I disabled my network card in case that had something to do with it. Also my internal soundcards. No change.
Looks like opening 32C will be an exercise in patience. So be it. Still my favorite DAW to use.
What antivirus software are you using? Is it the standard Windows stuff (e.g. Windows Security / Security Essentials etc) or are you using a 3rd party product?
No antivirus software. The standard Windows programs are also turned off.
This is the weirdness of it. I have essentially tweaked my Win10 for recording based on hours upon hours of online digging. I even considered installing stripped down Win10, but decided to go with the less destructive route of disabling/uninstalling everything unnecessary that could be removed. This was only due to all the programs/audio/etc already on my drive.
I even emailed Harrison but it all dead ended at some point.
Yeah, it's all a bit weird. Several posts ago, Dirk Offringa mentioned that the culprit in his case was a file called gl.dls but that file doesn't exist on my system and I can't find much info about it, even when searching Google. I thought he maybe meant gl.dll but I can't find much about that either  Huh

Could it in fact be some plugin that's holding up Mixbus? Or do you still see the delay, even in sessions where you haven't added any plugins?