Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select layer on multiple tracks
It may work better to have each take be a group rather than each set of drum tracks be a group, so say for 5 takes of a 10 mic kit you’d have 5 groups of 10 rather than 10 groups of 5, as PBuryk described,
then you can assign each take(group) to a vga and very quickly have instant access to each take, as they would all play at once (assuming you exploded the takes onto separate tracks per my other post), controlled by each respective groups’ vga fader and mute/solo.
Also that may simplify automation if needed.
(06-01-2021, 03:31 PM)Clint Wrote: It may work better to have each take be a group rather than each set of drum tracks be a group, so say for 5 takes of a 10 mic kit you’d have 5 groups of 10 rather than 10 groups of 5, as PBuryk described,
then you can assign each take(group) to a vga and very quickly have instant access to each take, as they would all play at once (assuming you exploded the takes onto separate tracks per my other post), controlled by each respective groups’ vga fader and mute/solo.
Also that may simplify automation if needed.

This is probably the best option. Can't make a template for it but if I duplicate all tracks before each take it might work fast enough.
Cheers
And, when you determine you have an acceptable overall drum mix, you can use the "Visible" and "Activate" flags to
clear up the Editor Window and reduce processing load rather than deleting the unused tracks. You never know if
something might require that you revisit them!

Cheers!
Patrick