Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master output only left channel Routing?
Hello,

I am having issue with Mixbus 323c v7 on MacBook Pro M1.
I am sure it is something simple however, my problem is this.
I have many tracks which playback perfectly thru the laptop speakers left and right.
I tested the headphone jack with another program in the laptop, works perfectly both channels.
In Mixbus the metering is perfect for left and right channels , thru laptop speakers works perfectly.
I can only get one channel on the headphones, I know it is not the headphones or the jack in the computer.
At the bottom of the master fader , the output routing grid, output from master: audio out 1 >system playback 1.    
audio out 2> system playback 1???

Any ideas would be appreciated, of course, in the middle of a project as we speak!

Cal
Hi
I've got the same setup with the same problem. Have you come up with a solution?
I have had this occur a few times and put it down to one of my interfaces crashing.
To restore I would normally power cycle the interface and computer.
When you open the project, CTRL+P will bring up the Audio Connections Manager.
From the LHS tabs select (Source) 'Mixbus32C Busses' and from the bottom row select (Destination) 'Hardware'.
If you are using the Monitor strip make sure it is routed to the relevant Hardware ports or if you are not go straight from the Master Outs to your hardware.
This should restore your monitoring correctly.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I've the same problem here when using a Mac Mini with it's internal sound. I'd always assumed that maybe it only has 1 x internal speaker.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Whilst the physical speaker is singular, the internal sound bus is stereo and left and right signals are summed to that single destination.
It seems to be not only related to mac mini, more Core audio in general.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-03-2022, 03:31 AM)Dingo Wrote: Whilst the physical speaker is singular, the internal sound bus is stereo and left and right signals are summed to that single destination.
It seems to be not only related to mac mini, more Core audio in general.

FWIW I rarely use MacOS although I tend to prefer Mac hardware because it's small (yet powerful) and quiet !!

I tend to dual-boot into Windows here but both my Mac Mini and my Mac Pro only ever replay the LH audio channel (even in Windows...  Sad )
Strange... just tested my macMini 2018 and with MB32C set to macMini speakers I am getting L and R signals summed to the mono destination.
In Audio MIDI setup (Utilities) if I select speaker setup, pink noise from both L+R are heard on the internal speaker.
But it is strange that this Left out only issue exists.

From memory it was about v5 that macOS no longer needed Jack... wondering if there is a legacy there...
I wonder if it's a MB thing? My Mac Pro is from 2017 and as well as Windows, I can also boot it into Linux. I've just tried MB32C (on Windows) firstly using Jack and then secondly with the Portaudio backend. But they both exhibited the problem.

So I then decided to boot into Linux which seems to use a backend called Pulseaudio - but that also gave me the same problem. i.e. panning a channel left in MB works - but panning it right results in no audio.

For those of you who are more familiar with Macs, is there some other audio app that'll allow panning both L & R? Windows used to offer a very simple sound mixer but I can't seem to find it any more (and I'm not sure if it allowed panning anyway  Sad  )
(06-03-2022, 05:29 AM)johne53 Wrote: For those of you who are more familiar with Macs, is there some other audio app that'll allow panning both L & R? Windows used to offer a very simple sound mixer but I can't seem to find it any more

If it helps, Mac users can download Adobe Audition for free apparently

[Edit...] Firstly, most of the Download buttons on that web page DON'T download Adobe Audition but eventually I managed to download it onto Windows and then transfer it to MacOS where I then installed it - BUT...

When I tried to launch it I saw a message saying it would only work for MacOS 10.15 or later (and wouldn't you know it... I'm at 10.14 !!  Sad )

I've posted on the Adobe Audition forum but apparently there's no version available now that'll run on 10.14 - but if anyone's running MacOS 10.15 or later, please try the above link and let us know if panning works okay in Adobe Audition. Thanks.
(06-04-2022, 03:11 AM)johne53 Wrote: if  it helps, Mac users can download Adobe Audition for free apparently

[...]

if anyone's running MacOS 10.15 or later, please try the above link and let us know if panning works okay in Adobe Audition.

Any takers, anyone..?  Sad