Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inconsistent midi at region starts
Hello, I am experiencing problems with midi notes at the beginning of regions. Sometimes the notes are visible, sometimes not, sometimes they play, sometimes not. I can recreate the problem with the following:

Create new project and create midi track. Turn on snap (to 1/4 note). Draw a 1 bar region at bar 2. Draw a note on beat 1 of region.

The note is not visible and does not play!

Enlarge the region forward to before the start of bar 2 (eg to bar 1). The note is now visible and plays!

Then with edit tool drag the note to the second beat and then back to the first beat (of bar 2). Then grab the beginning of the region and drag to start of bar 2. The note is visible and plays!

Wild right. Could this be a problem with my set up (Mixbus 5.2.191 on Ubuntu 18.04)? I ask because I can't find anyone else mentioning this problem.

I am experiencing other, relatively minor, issues with the midi but this is the only one that I can't find a decent workaround for. It's distracting and eats up time. Any suggestions or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

Here's another midi problem I can clearly describe. This has a simple alternative workflow. I mention it because it is also an issue with my midi timing that might illuminate my problem above to an experienced user.

BOUNCE MIDI TO AUDIO
I compared two methods of bouncing midi to audio and found them out of time with each other.

1) PLAYED TO AUDIO - create a new audio track and route midi track output to audio input, arm the record and press play.

2) EXPORT AUDIO - mute everything except desired midi track, export the audio then import to new track.

The EXPORT audio is bang on but the PLAYED audio is ,say, approx, 50ms early. This is no big deal, I am happy to export, but it's unexpected right?

Messages In This Thread
Inconsistent midi at region starts - by phil - 07-22-2020, 05:05 AM
RE: Inconsistent midi at region starts - by phil - 07-22-2020, 07:32 AM
RE: Inconsistent midi at region starts - by phil - 07-23-2020, 07:02 AM
RE: Inconsistent midi at region starts - by phil - 07-24-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: Inconsistent midi at region starts - by phil - 07-24-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Inconsistent midi at region starts - by phil - 07-24-2020, 01:36 PM