Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The XT-SC Spectral Compressor - Excellent!
(01-22-2020, 04:19 PM)Jostein Wrote: Hi Tassy!

(01-22-2020, 01:27 PM)Tassy Wrote: Hi Jostein
I agree, I found XT-SC also a fine plugin, but looking at the picture you posted I may call your attention that all the bands are -6dB compressed by default. So not only the one you really set lower.
I almost fell into not observing it first since its original XT-SC default was all bands zero as default, so had got used to adjust the band I want and leave the others alone.
I really do not understand why Harrison changed it for all -6dB default in the new release. I hope it must have been only by accident and will be corrected soon.

To avoid getting half the volume (-6dB) on the whole range in view by just inserting the plug I saved my personal default set all zero to fit normal sense. I always start from there.
Tassy

The zero defaults also make sense but don't the default -6dB also make sense if the meaning is to have everything a little compressed by default? I believe that the -6 dB also was the default when I did the OP, but I might be wrong. However, I will keep my eyes and ears open over this next time I use it.

Thanks!
The original XT-SC cannot be seen in new MB versions because it is overwritten by the new one. I can show because I have a picture from 2016. XT-SC looked like that in that time MB version
Default 0, just info I based my notice on. Just info.
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,

Messages In This Thread
RE: The XT-SC Spectral Compressor - Excellent! - by Tassy - 01-23-2020, 02:54 AM