Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The XT-SC Spectral Compressor - Excellent!
(05-04-2017, 04:14 PM)Jostein Wrote: I just found out that the XT-SC compressor works incredible well on a double bass that's sounding deep muddy, with ambience and very dead thanks to a bad recording!

I'm currently mixing and partially mastering a whole bluegrass album where the bass sounds as described above. I've tried all sorts of EQing, compressing, limiting and processing, including the XT-BC Bass Character and also non Harrison pluguns, such as u-he Presswerk and Calf Bass Enhancer (which is quite good for this kind of job).

I suddenly got the idea to try the XT-SC compressor and BANG, the bass fit into the mix!

Whell, I go to sleep now and continue tomorrow, good night! :-)

Hi Jostein
I agree, I found XT-SC also a fine plugin, but looking at the picture you posted I may call your attention that all the bands are -6dB compressed by default. So not only the one you really set lower.
I almost fell into not observing it first since its original XT-SC default was all bands zero as default, so had got used to adjust the band I want and leave the others alone.
I really do not understand why Harrison changed it for all -6dB default in the new release. I hope it must have been only by accident and will be corrected soon.

To avoid getting half the volume (-6dB) on the whole range in view by just inserting the plug I saved my personal default set all zero to fit normal sense. I always start from there.
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,

Messages In This Thread
RE: The XT-SC Spectral Compressor - Excellent! - by Tassy - 01-22-2020, 01:27 PM