Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus v10 - now available!
(04-20-2024, 07:19 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 03:49 PM)deefedor Wrote: I’m envious of others having success in obtaining the upgrade and ordering V10 Pro.  After several more hours of fighting with the online store, I finally get the discount code to “take”.  Still hit with a 20% UK tax even though I’m in CT USA…. OK, I’ll skip coffees to go for a few days…. Sigh…

So I hit continue, with my CC in hand, hit “Continue”, and….. NOTHING!!!  No errors on the page, nothing.  It’s as if the button doesn’t do anything.  Tried on a different browser on my Mac.  Nothing.  Tried in Windows… nothing…. Tried in iOS… nothing.

About to give up and just continue doing what I do in LPX (just kidding.. I REALLY want to use V10)

I do a lot of purchasing online BTW.  I understand this is a product rollout with lots of interest and probably high activity…. But, come on… I just want a chance.

Kindest Regards,

Dmitri

I feel your pain... rest assured there is a whole lot of butt getting kicked at the moment - hope to see some resolution real soon.

In the meanwhile, go to the bottom of the v10 page in the store and download a demo copy, yes you will get some noise bursts, but at least you can poke around and get used to new things.
I had success with V10 upgrade AND the tax issue!!!!

First of all I had NOT originally chosen the middle check box above the “Continue” button which referenced iLok and Mixbus not requiring iLok as I have no intention of ever using something which uses iLok due to previous train wrecks with it.  When this check box is NOT checked, it evidently renders the “Continue” button not operational.  With the box checked, the form above wants an iLok user name.  Grudgingly I created an iLok account.  When that was complete, i checked the iLok checkbox.  The form now wanted the iLok username I created.  The continue button now worked and took me to the checkout/pay page.  And… guess what, there was no sales tax!!!  Yay, saved $20USD.  I believe due to SSL being in the UK, perhaps they don’t collect tax on USA purchases.

Now playing with V10!!

I’ll go back thru this thread and see if doing this (the iLok UID thing) was mentioned.  If it was, my apologies for the crankiness of my posts.  Have a good evening all!

DmitriF
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

(04-21-2024, 05:20 AM)johne53 Wrote: Am I the only person who's seeing monstrously high DSP readings with Atmos enabled? 

I've just tested some variations.  CPU load with MB 10 and the Dolby renderer app on the same Mac is somewhat higher CPU load than MB 10 using Dolby's SDK internally.  

Other workstation platforms with internal rendering show similar improvements, perhaps due to the need for the Dolby Audio Bridge.

h
Hi Ben

Unfortunately when you say "But if you are subscribed to our mailing list or purchased Mixbus recently, you should already find that you can enter the store, choose a tier, and your upgrade price will be applied to your purchase." that didn't happen. I received the "Introducing Mixbus10" email on the 19th April. I looked carefully, including here on the forum and there was no mention of existing user discount. I assumed it was such a new redesign that there was, thus, no discount, and bought the basic model - no discount automatically applied. It's fantastic - no complaints. But the very next day, 20th, I got a second "Introducing Mixbus10" email which began "[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]You are receiving this email because our records indicate that you are a prior Mixbus owner."[/font]

[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]The product is great, but I've paid $100 more than I would have if I'd waited another day. I'd really appreciate some help - or even an upgrade to the Pro version?[/font]

[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Many [/font]thanks

[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Mike[/font]
(04-21-2024, 10:01 PM)gekim Wrote: Hi Ben

Unfortunately when you say "But if you are subscribed to our mailing list or purchased Mixbus recently, you should already find that you can enter the store, choose a tier, and your upgrade price will be applied to your purchase." that didn't happen. I received the "Introducing Mixbus10" email on the 19th April. I looked carefully, here on the forum and there was no mention of existing user discount. I assumed it was such a new redesign that there was, thus, no discount, and bought the basic model - no discount automatically applied. It's fantastic - no complaints. But the very next day, 20th, I got a second "Introducing Mixbus10" email which began "You are receiving this email because our records indicate that you are a prior Mixbus owner."

The product is great, but I've paid $100 more than I would have if I'd waited another day. I'd really appreciate help - or even an upgrade to the Pro version?

Many thanks

Mike

Email support mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com or go to the Harrison site and create a support ticket.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-21-2024, 09:50 PM)hodger Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 05:20 AM)johne53 Wrote: Am I the only person who's seeing monstrously high DSP readings with Atmos enabled? 

I've just tested some variations.  CPU load with MB 10 and the Dolby renderer app on the same Mac is somewhat higher CPU load than MB 10 using Dolby's SDK internally.  

But what about Mixbus's DSP load? Could you let us know what kinda figures you're seeing for Mixbus's DSP readings? i.e. with and without Atmos enabled...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-22-2024, 01:27 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 09:50 PM)hodger Wrote:

But what about Mixbus's DSP load? Could you let us know what kinda figures you're seeing for Mixbus's DSP readings? i.e. with and without Atmos enabled...

Top two are before and after on an i7 Mac.  Bottom two are before and after on an M3 Mac.  Both sessions empty 24 stereo tracks only.

In both cases, the Mac "Activity Monitor" revealed much more available CPU than Mixbus would indicate.  On the Lower set, Dolby engaged, the M3 Activity Monitor indicated 93% idle.  Absolutely no idea if MB10 is designed to use more cores etc.

h
(04-22-2024, 01:54 AM)hodger Wrote: Absolutely no idea if MB10 is designed to use more cores etc.

Try this... Window->Preferences->Show

At the LHS you'll see a whole list of options and quite near the bottom there's usually one called Performance which allows you to set the CPU utilization for DSP operations.

It probably works for Linux and Mac but for Windows, Windows itself makes the decisions about CPU utilization so changing that option (for Windows) doesn't usually achieve anything  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-20-2024, 07:19 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 03:49 PM)deefedor Wrote: I’m envious of others having success in obtaining the upgrade and ordering V10 Pro.  After several more hours of fighting with the online store, I finally get the discount code to “take”.  Still hit with a 20% UK tax even though I’m in CT USA…. OK, I’ll skip coffees to go for a few days…. Sigh…

So I hit continue, with my CC in hand, hit “Continue”, and….. NOTHING!!!  No errors on the page, nothing.  It’s as if the button doesn’t do anything.  Tried on a different browser on my Mac.  Nothing.  Tried in Windows… nothing…. Tried in iOS… nothing.

About to give up and just continue doing what I do in LPX (just kidding.. I REALLY want to use V10)

I do a lot of purchasing online BTW.  I understand this is a product rollout with lots of interest and probably high activity…. But, come on… I just want a chance.

Kindest Regards,

Dmitri

I feel your pain... rest assured there is a whole lot of butt getting kicked at the moment - hope to see some resolution real soon.

In the meanwhile, go to the bottom of the v10 page in the store and download a demo copy, yes you will get some noise bursts, but at least you can poke around and get used to new things.

I've got the same problem here on mac latest version of firefox. I checked the "don't want ilok" but it's back after I start filling the fields. Checked it again with no success. And I would prefer not creating any ilok account because I won't use it. Hope I will be able to upgrade before the end of the discount.
(04-22-2024, 02:42 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote: I've got the same problem here on mac latest version of firefox. I checked the "don't want ilok" but it's back after I start filling the fields. Checked it again with no success. And I would prefer not creating any ilok account because I won't use it. Hope I will be able to upgrade before the end of the discount.

Hopefully the no-iLok issue will be fixed next week..
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-22-2024, 02:50 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 02:42 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote: I've got the same problem here on mac latest version of firefox. I checked the "don't want ilok" but it's back after I start filling the fields. Checked it again with no success. And I would prefer not creating any ilok account because I won't use it. Hope I will be able to upgrade before the end of the discount.

Hopefully the no-iLok issue will be fixed next week..

I really didn’t want an iLok account either but that was the only way I could actually get past the “quirk” preventing me from getting the upgrade.  However, I have NO intention of actually installing the intrusive PACE software (been there, done that with PT many moons ago…. NEVER again) OR getting a PACE hardware dongle.  If that becomes a requirement for MB operation….  well, we’ll see…..
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K