Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortcuts in Edit window for channel strip?
Hi all - I can't seem to find any events to bind the keyboard to allow me to switch the channel strip between EQ, Compressor, Gate & Sends (which is possible in Mix view with Shift-E/C/G/S) ?

Are these views not available for keyboard shortcuts in Edit view when using the single active channel strip display?
(02-19-2024, 05:19 AM)adi_james Wrote: Hi all - I can't seem to find any events to bind the keyboard to allow me to switch the channel strip between EQ, Compressor, Gate & Sends (which is possible in Mix view with Shift-E/C/G/S) ?

Are these views not available for keyboard shortcuts in Edit view when using the single active channel strip display?

At this time all other shortcuts are used up and can't apply to both the Edit and Mix Windows.  For instance Shift+E shows/hides the Editor Mixer while in the Edit window but that same short shows/hides the EQ only while in the Mixer Window. You are already clicking around in the Edit window so I would just choose the element of the strip you want to see.  Show two if your screen allows it.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(02-19-2024, 11:26 AM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote:
(02-19-2024, 05:19 AM)adi_james Wrote: Hi all - I can't seem to find any events to bind the keyboard to allow me to switch the channel strip between EQ, Compressor, Gate & Sends (which is possible in Mix view with Shift-E/C/G/S) ?

At this time all other shortcuts are used up and can't apply to both the Edit and Mix Windows.  For instance Shift+E shows/hides the Editor Mixer while in the Edit window but that same short shows/hides the EQ only while in the Mixer Window. You are already clicking around in the Edit window so I would just choose the element of the strip you want to see.  Show two if your screen allows it.

Thanks Nathan - understood, just checking I wasn't missing something obvious.