Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C v9 - New Mixer! New Sound! - Now Available
(03-28-2023, 03:02 PM)arthie Wrote: Is there a gain reduction meter of the master bus comp? If so I am blind and would appreciate it if someone gives me a hint…

Here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[MB32C v9, Soundscape, 11th Gen i9 5GHz, 32GB, Win 11 Pro, 2TB+ M.2 SSD, Control|24, MCS-3800, Dante & MADI network]
(03-27-2023, 04:19 AM)Skyking11 Wrote: Any thoughts, am I the only one.

You are not alone.

See my thread on V9 Comp/Gate
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-11265.html
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Installed v9 and is really very stable, the new layout is quite nice and it sounds great with the new saturation options.

But unfortunately the GUI seems very sluggish, with meters and VUs lagging behind and struggling to keep up with the sound. The sluggish with some plugins like UAD compressors is very bad and make it almost impossible to rely in the visual cues for gain reduction. Sometimes the GUI is unresponsive, like when trying to change sidechain parameters while playing.

Tried to change OpenGL configuration in preferences, with no improvement.

I really don't see how this could be something with my system, since I'm running a M1 MacMini with 16GB.

Anybody experiencing the same issues?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
All I can say is that I know this behavior from converted hdmi signals only.
Meaning that everything looks good on MacBook Display until I connect another display. I know, this doesn’t help you but it may help the team to fix it.
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com
Wow! Congratulations to the team, what a great release!

I skipped V8 because it had nothing for me. V9 is a serious step up.

I love the new cleaner mixer, easier on the eye. I love the new comp/gate setup, and a quick test with a large drum kit session with added timbales proved how effective and easy it is to dial in the gates and clean up the mix, in minutes, with no additional plugins. That's really a game changer in my book. I'm certainly finding the graphics easier to read, EQ especially was always a bit dull and hard to read for me.

I'd agree with a comment about the send LEDs (or whatever they're called) - they really could be brighter.

I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet but just wanted to pass on my thanks to the team. I had a strange graphics issue when I switched resolution from the automatically chosen one to one slightly larger, where a block across the mixer turned green, but this disappeared when I re-set and set again the resolution - so no doubt a small bug that will get ironed out in a future fix. I should add this is with using an HDMI - CAT5 extender, and I know others have issues with this, so I'm not unduly worried by it.

Got to admit I wasn't expecting version 9 to be here for a while - so a lovely surprise, despite the (modest!) hit to my monthly!

Itching to crack a mix open in V9 now....
(03-28-2023, 11:27 PM)marcusadv Wrote: Installed v9 and is really very stable, the new layout is quite nice and it sounds great with the new saturation options.

But unfortunately the GUI seems very sluggish, with meters and VUs lagging behind and struggling to keep up with the sound. The sluggish with some plugins like UAD compressors is very bad and make it almost impossible to rely in the visual cues for gain reduction. Sometimes the GUI is unresponsive, like when trying to change sidechain parameters while playing.

I really don't see how this could be something with my system, since I'm running a M1 MacMini with 16GB.

What is your buffer setting ? Soundcard ?
(03-29-2023, 12:24 PM)Stephane Morisse Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 11:27 PM)marcusadv Wrote: Installed v9 and is really very stable, the new layout is quite nice and it sounds great with the new saturation options.

What is your buffer setting ? Soundcard ?

UAD Apollo silver Thunderbolt. I usually mix with 1024 buffer size, but the GUI sluggish occur regardless the buffer size I choose
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
As a newby'ish amateur, I'm loving the new update..I feel that I'm getting even more of an understanding of using an actual desk with the new layout etc, even more than I did with V8..
Haven't received an email yet for the crossgrade from 8 to 9 yet though, and would love to upgrade to the full working version.  Wink
@Bally: this might mean that you unsubscribed from our mailing list; or it might have gone to your 'spam' folder.

But in any case, you can visit our Software Downloads page, and request an "Account History" which will provide your crossgrade options:
https://harrisonconsoles.com/harrison-so...downloads/
As much as I enjoy v9 I have come to realize a few things. 
With all these new components, compressor and gate, the original thought of mixbus is somewhat gone. 
Most of us don’t have the ability to keep all plugins open simultaneously because screen and eye limitations.  So, we need to click to “open the plug-in” every time. Same as any other daw with plugins. 
Hence the workflow of mixbus is gone.  
On the upside I don’t have to open these “plugins” in order to control them via midi controller. 
Unfortunately Harrison is lagging behind on these features.  
Looking at the code, there’s no implementation for send assign, still.  No unique uri’s for these new “plugins”.
Given the way mixbus is designed and the way it evolved one would think midi control would be on top of the todo list to keep the smooth workflow alive. 
Using the mouse is no longer an advantage in mixbus workflow.