Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EZdrummer in Linux?
I am curious: is it possible to run the VST instrument in Linux somehow? (I guess the tricky part would be helping it find the sound libraries...)
Yes, it's in the list of plugins that have been tested with LinVst (uses WINE):

https://github.com/osxmidi/LinVst/blob/master/README.md
(05-17-2019, 12:16 PM)superb Wrote: Yes, it's in the list of plugins that have been tested with LinVst (uses WINE):

https://github.com/osxmidi/LinVst/blob/master/README.md

Wow! that is great news... finally looks like we can DITCH WINDOWS Big Grin
(06-06-2019, 03:28 AM)rockandroller Wrote: Wow! that is great news... finally looks like we can DITCH WINDOWS Big Grin

Would be better if vendors finally embraced Linux. I'm pretty sure the three great A-s put pressure/money onto popular vendors to not to do so Sad

MMM
(06-06-2019, 03:32 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 03:28 AM)rockandroller Wrote: Wow! that is great news... finally looks like we can DITCH WINDOWS Big Grin

Would be better if vendors finally embraced Linux. I'm pretty sure the three great A-s put pressure/money onto popular vendors to not to do so Sad

MMM

Could be the "great A-s..pressure". but more likely it's market research that is the cause. They will make 1/50th as much on Linux users as that toy OS brings in. However, with that said, with Microsoft actually embracing Linux (they even have their own Linux kernel now), things could change.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(06-07-2019, 11:00 PM)Lexridge Wrote: However, with that said, with Microsoft actually embracing Linux (they even have their own Linux kernel now), things could change.

Oh please not another MacOS. They may be allowed to write another Desktop environment to choose from - under the rules of FOSS.
Look what happened to CUPS - Apple crippled it because in their world only Apple - compatible printers and OS-s exist. Not to mention the kernel and rest of system, they knew why they used BSD over Linux... (BSD license vs GNU GPL).

It's a viscous circle... many people are fed up with Apple Avid Adobe Microsoft but stick to it because they invested so much into it. Vendors don't release for Linux because of the small market and the market doesn't grow because vendors don't release for Linux.
SAE Institute once embraced Ardour but they stopped later. But that would be the right starting point: stop audio schools teaching ProTools (only).

MMM