Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel slate on Mixbus 32C v4.1 doesn't show EQ values
When I adjust any EQ knob in any input strip, it doesn't show the value in the channel slate. It does however work correctly on any other knob (mixbus sends, pan, compressor).

I run Mixbus32C-4.1.745-x86_64-gcc5 on Linux Mint 18.1. Anyone got this issue?
Correct! I can confirm this also with only the EQ knobs not showing values, the rest do. I use XFCE as my DE.
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Never tie a ship to a single anchor
nor life to a single hope...
(09-08-2017, 12:55 PM)joegiampaoli Wrote: Correct! I can confirm this also with only the EQ knobs not showing values, the rest do. I use XFCE as my DE.

You are both right and here are the explanation why you don't see the numbers(second post):

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...ight=value

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
Ah! Thanks Sthauge for the reply! That's a good way to make us stop using our eyes so much and focus more on what we hear which is more critical! Big Grin
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Never tie a ship to a single anchor
nor life to a single hope...
I get it - what was said in the mentioned thread is all valid, but I want to be able to replicate some EQ settings on one strip to another strip without much guessing, listening and pondering. I don't care much about the actual frequency/gain values but I'd like some numerical value as a reference. Just looking at the knob position doesn't help that much, it's a lot less accurate than numbers would be. Just display the angle of the knob, I don't think users would get confused by that.
(09-09-2017, 07:21 AM)olesth Wrote: I want to be able to replicate some EQ settings on one strip to another strip without much guessing, listening and pondering.

To replicate EQ settings from one strip to another strip is easier than you think. Just drag and drop the EQ "plugin" from the strip you want to copy from and drop it over the EQ on the channel you want to have the same EQ settings. Same goes for compressors as well.

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(09-09-2017, 08:04 AM)Sthauge Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 07:21 AM)olesth Wrote: I want to be able to replicate some EQ settings on one strip to another strip without much guessing, listening and pondering.

To replicate EQ settings from one strip to another strip is easier than you think. Just drag and drop the EQ "plugin" from the strip you want to copy from and drop it over the EQ on the channel you want to have the same EQ settings. Same goes for compressors as well.

Good advice, thanks! It does solve some cases. However, this would copy all settings at once, not just those I want - and I can't just quickly check if two knobs that seem similar have indeed the same settings.

I know this isn't a show stopper. I just think it would be better to show something in the channel slate rather than nothing for the EQ knobs.
(09-10-2017, 07:31 AM)olesth Wrote: Good advice, thanks! It does solve some cases. However, this would copy all settings at once, not just those I want - and I can't just quickly check if two knobs that seem similar have indeed the same settings.

In the case of the EQ it doesn't make sense to copy only 1 value to another channel while all others are different. It's an exact digital model of an analogue circuit, and therefore all knobs influence all others. So it could well be that your lower mid knob sits on 3.22 dB boost at 735,7 Hz mid freq in a given channel setting, but the same knob position in a different channel (the low/upper mid/high bands are set differently) could mean that your copied lower mid knob now has 3.14 dB boost at 742.01 Hz mid freq. This on the other hand is a precision which you easily get manually, apart from the fact that you would have to use your ears anyway Angel
This is true especially for channel #17, ask Bruce! Big Grin

MMM
(09-09-2017, 08:04 AM)Sthauge Wrote: To replicate EQ settings from one strip to another strip is easier than you think. Just drag and drop the EQ "plugin" from the strip you want to copy from and drop it over the EQ on the channel you want to have the same EQ settings. Same goes for compressors as well.

I didn't know that.. my day of learning new things
That actually works for any plugin, not just compressor/EQ.

Drag/drop some plugin onto the same-type of plugin on another track (the drop icon changes to a "link" symbol), copies plugin parameters.