Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BETA? (SOLVED)
Quick heads up: "Mixbus Mute buttons don't work etc" is unlikely to be resolved by changing the operating system (If you want to move to Linux for other reasons that's fine).

Quote:With any busses loaded it crashes. Mute buttons don't work. Buss lights work when they want to. Solo doesn't work

That's not a lot to have a go at. I'm sorry that your first experience with Mixbus has been far from stellar. It could well be some strange bug in Mixbus, but it's unlikely to be something specific to the Windows version of it.

The mixbus-assign (light) might be due to "in-on-change" as soon as you touch a gain-knob of a mixbus-send, the send automatically enables.

As for the other issues, Solo and Mute do work. Perhaps there's some misunderstanding in the concept: Mixbus solos are separate from track solos, soloing Mixbusses implicitly solos tracks. The monitor-section has a "Solo overrides Mute" setting (off by default), but if enabled that may explain the "mute does not work [as expected]" part.

Could you please rephrase the "any busses loaded" part, I don't understand what that means.

I suggest to contact harrison support by email, perhaps attach a session (zip) where solo/mute does not work, or describe the steps, starting with "create new session", to produce the issue(s) and how things differ from your expectation here.
300 Watts ?
D130 are 25 watts each

[ go back to the dealer and demand the other 200 watts Wink

I used Mixbus life FOH last sunday and i was not scared ....

=-=-

Just give a full description of the configuration : what plugins are used.etc
version numbers and report
so something can be done.

Regards

Hippies ?

maybe that is what my partner meant
But every day ?
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(08-14-2017, 10:26 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Maybe I'll load Linux. This machine is dedicated to the DAW.

Try AVLinux, this comes with many good audio things preconfigured and optimised for audio. It has Mixbus 4 preinstalled, you just copy yout license to your home folder and are ready to go.
Mixbus 32C can be installed in parallel, no probs.

(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Why is Mixbus 32C 4 not offered as an upgrade as MB4 was?

If you were an owner of 32C v3 you should have obtained an upgrade offer to v4. If not, write support with the email you used when you purchased the product and they will help in no time.

(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Ahh, the good o'le days. Old Hippies aren't dead, they just smell that way.

Big Grin

MMM

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS..........................Bought the upgrade instead of the demo. Using the default directory seems to be the fix. I was loading from directories in the root(C:\). I don't know why this would make a difference BUT it does. So far so good.

My Beta references were way off base and I apologize to all who work so hard to make this happen. Sincerely.....Curley

(08-15-2017, 04:57 PM)Frank Wrote: 300 Watts ?
D130 are 25 watts each

I used Mixbus life FOH last sunday and i was not scared ....

=-=-

Just give a full description of the configuration : what plugins are used.etc
version numbers and report
so something can be done.

Regards

Hippies ?

But every day ?

FRANK............The D-130's were the JBL speakers in the dual 15" cabinets. No horns either. We didn't know better at that age.
(08-15-2017, 07:24 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Ahh, the good o'le days. Old Hippies aren't dead, they just smell that way.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS..........................Bought the upgrade instead of the demo. Using the default directory seems to be the fix. I was loading from directories in the root(C:\). I don't know why this would make a difference BUT it does. So far so good.

My Beta references were way off base and I apologize to all who work so hard to make this happen. Sincerely.....Curley

(08-15-2017, 04:57 PM)Frank Wrote: 300 Watts ?
D130 are 25 watts each

Regards

Hippies ?

But every day ?

FRANK............The D-130's were the JBL speakers in the dual 15" cabinets. No horns either. We didn't know better at that age.

Yeah

I was more joking than serious : your mentioning hippy fumes coincided with a remark from somebody near me that i should take a bath..

You mentioned a 300Watt system with 4 x 25 Watt speakers. and no high end : maybe that was supplied with the clipping amp ?

=-=-

Good you eventually found it !
when you have a problem, do not collect them , but mention them here, there enough helpfull guys here ..

=-=-
Install on Windows

It always amazed me that MS as a company had no distinct guidelijnes where to install. While linux, made by a bunch of volonteers has..

Have fun with Mixbus !

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(08-16-2017, 06:22 AM)Frank Wrote: Have fun with Mixbus!
Mixbus is a great program! To get the desired sound I tense up much less than with other DAWs. Especially, in symbiosis with my analog console.