Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BETA? (SOLVED)
Is there an update coming that will actually make this program run? So many crashes it looks like Beta to me.

I love the Harrison concepts. I think 32C has real potential. You just have to fix the basics.
(08-14-2017, 04:24 AM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Is there an update coming that will actually make this program run? So many crashes it looks like Beta to me.

I love the Harrison concepts. I think 32C has real potential. You just have to fix the basics.

What do you mean?
MMM
(08-14-2017, 05:06 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 04:24 AM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Is there an update coming that will actually make this program run? So many crashes it looks like Beta to me.

What do you mean?
MMM
Most humble apologies. I should have been more specific. Working with 32C-4. With any busses loaded it crashes. Mute buttons don't work. Buss lights work when they want to. Solo doesn't work. These
are the basic functions that make me wonder. I'm only on day one with this. I'm hoping to make 32C-4 my go to DAW. Any hope of getting the basics more solidly in place?
(08-14-2017, 05:26 AM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Any hope of getting the basics more solidly in place?

Absolutely. The things you describe are not the way it normally behaves.
Which Windows version are you on? Is it a clean install or is it an upgrade like from 7 to 10 on a manufacturer installation (Manufacturers often install a lot of crap which get worse on an upgrade...)?
Are there other programs running while you try Mixbus? Which sound device are you using? Is your device manger "clean" at all?

Sorry for all the questions but it's hard to remote diagnose without.
What you could try first: create a new user and log in as this one, then start Mixbus. This way we have already eliminated personal user settings which might crash.

HTH, cheers,
MMM
(08-14-2017, 06:11 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 05:26 AM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Any hope of getting the basics more solidly in place?

Absolutely. The things you describe are not the way it normally behaves.
Which Windows version are you on? Is it a clean install or is it an upgrade like from 7 to 10 on a manufacturer installation (Manufacturers often install a lot of crap which get worse on an upgrade...)?
Are there other programs running while you try Mixbus? Which sound device are you using? Is your device manger "clean" at all?

Sorry for all the questions but it's hard to remote diagnose without.
What you could try first: create a new user and log in as this one, then start Mixbus. This way we have already eliminated personal user settings which might crash.

HTH, cheers,
MMM

I'm on Winderz 10. Clean install. Using a Firestudio Mobile for hardware. i7-7700K processor. MSI board. 16 gig RAM. Clean device manager.

I really appreciate the help. I've got forty years in live mixing under my belt and Mixbus 32C4 is the perfect DAW for me. I know you guys are working real hard to make this happen. THANK YOU.
(08-14-2017, 06:22 AM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: I know you guys are working real hard to make this happen. THANK YOU.

Oh I'm just a user, too.
But this is another thing: you could send the Windows information plus the session file to the Harrison support as recommended here:
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1629.html
They usually reply withing hours, sometimes faster.
The session file is in your session folder, named <session-name>.ardour
From me, as said first, trying a new user account and maybe a complete uninstall/install of Mixbus would be the first thing to try.

40 years live mixing... respect man.

MMM
total respect ! Sleepy

I have BSOD with WIn10 Angry but no crashes with Mixbus itself (works flawlessly since V4 for me) On win10 it works fine but on linux it's UNBREAKABLE !
Harrison Mixbus 4.3|Reaper5|Waveform8| Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS
(08-14-2017, 10:40 AM)Ilaw Wrote: total respect ! Sleepy

I have BSOD with WIn10 Angry but no crashes with Mixbus itself (works flawlessly since V4 for me) On win10 it works fine but on linux it's UNBREAKABLE !

Maybe I'll load Linux. This machine is dedicated to the DAW.

Why is Mixbus 32C 4 not offered as an upgrade as MB4 was?

I bought my first PA in 1970. A "Wilder" 300 watt system with 2 dual 15" JBL D130's. Horns weren't thunk of yet. All discreet componentry
( no ICs yet). It was fan cooled. There was so much fan noise on the output I often wondered if it was just a 300 watt fan amp.

Ahh, the good o'le days. Old Hippies aren't dead, they just smell that way.
Plenty of horns around in the '70s. One of the best (for a folkie group) p.a. sytem I used was an Altec two way. Most all we could afford were columns, though. D130s... nice!

Yes, much respect for the live mixing.
(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Maybe I'll load Linux. This machine is dedicated to the DAW.

Try AVLinux, this comes with many good audio things preconfigured and optimised for audio. It has Mixbus 4 preinstalled, you just copy yout license to your home folder and are ready to go.
Mixbus 32C can be installed in parallel, no probs.

(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Why is Mixbus 32C 4 not offered as an upgrade as MB4 was?

If you were an owner of 32C v3 you should have obtained an upgrade offer to v4. If not, write support with the email you used when you purchased the product and they will help in no time.

(08-14-2017, 08:21 PM)vanwinkle52 Wrote: Ahh, the good o'le days. Old Hippies aren't dead, they just smell that way.

Big Grin

MMM