Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] (32 bit) libardourcp.so: cannot open shared object file
Hi
I have just installed Mixbus-4.0.703-x86-gcc5 and it will not run; when I run it from the command prompt I get the following error :

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libardourcp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libardourcp.so is present in /opt/Mixbus-4.0.703/lib/

This is on a new install of Ubuntu Studio LTS, gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 . It has to be 32 bit as I am repurposing an old laptop as a portable recorder. Ardour runs fine so it is a viable system.
Perhaps try re-installing it. Something must have gone wrong.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(07-18-2017, 10:39 PM)Lexridge Wrote: Perhaps try re-installing it. Something must have gone wrong.

Thank-you, you were on the right track. Knowing it needed root privileges I originally ran the whole install script with sudo. When I uninstalled it and then ran it as a normal user and used sudo when prompted, it worked fine.

I imagine that the former method caused permissions problems.
(07-19-2017, 06:53 AM)English Guy Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 10:39 PM)Lexridge Wrote: Perhaps try re-installing it. Something must have gone wrong.

Thank-you, you were on the right track. Knowing it needed root privileges I originally ran the whole install script with sudo. When I uninstalled it and then ran it as a normal user and used sudo when prompted, it worked fine.

Humm, installing it as root initially should have also worked. I always install updates as the root user (with that said, there is no difference between updates and new installs). However, I have also had a few bad installs like you too. Just ran the installer again and all was well.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(07-22-2017, 07:50 PM)Lexridge Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 06:53 AM)English Guy Wrote:

Humm, installing it as root initially should have also worked. I always install updates as the root user (with that said, there is no difference between updates and new installs). However, I have also had a few bad installs like you too. Just ran the installer again and all was well.

Hmmn, interesting. Useful to know in case I want to put it on a system without an installation of sudo.
i have a install new version ox fm and transfer file .so as root in library vst
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html