Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mixbus 32C v4.0 - Now Available!
What are the minimum PC requirements for 32c v4?
I'm on Windows 7, 16gb ram, i5 duo core
(05-01-2017, 05:34 PM)Guest Wrote: What are the minimum PC requirements for 32c v4?
I'm on Windows 7, 16gb ram, i5 duo core

Win7 is fine (it'll run on anything from Window XP onwards). Mixbus itself also does not need much RAM (a new empty session needs ~250MB, but the more the better for disk-caching when adding tracks and, well, plugins). We recommend at least 2GB and your 16GB is plenty.

The CPU is the toughest part: The Mixbus channelstrip emulation can eat lots of it, particularly at low-latency (small buffersizes), an i5 core-duo should be OKish though.

Still, PCs are complex systems and Windows in particular. The only way to know for sure: get the Demo version and test run.

PS. Don't forget the screen, you'll want a large monitor for 32C.
Just took 32C v4 for a spin tonight now that I am not at $DAYJOB. Very nice! The 'spill' feature is extremely useful, and I am most excited about the tempo map stuff from Ardour 5. Very intuitive to use and will make life a lot easier for a great many things. I've never done anything with VCA faders/groups and am only vaguely familiar with them from Pro Tools (never used them there either), been wanting to try them out and it's on my "to do" list of new toys to play with.
-- Brett McCoy
Windows 10, i7 core, 64G Ram, RME Hammerfall Multiface II, Faderport16, Mixbus32C 8.2
Well done Harrison!!! The 32C-V4 is an absolute joy to work on. Thank you so vary much for this Smile
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il
---
Mixbus 32C v4 is a great update and upgrade.

Thank you so much, Harrison, Mixbus, Mixbus 32C and Ardour developers, for such an excellent DAW, features and functionality set, plugins and associated tools all for such a generous and reasonable price!
Mixbus32C, Pianoteq, Linux (Mint, XFCE edition) w/lowlatency kernel
Thanks for the nice comments, steve_d !
i so love 32C and have already mixed several records on it. been away from the studio world for a bit and just checked out v4 demo - love the improvements but maybe miss the large transport (i'm still a bit old school). I missed the v4 update email - is there a way to still get a discounted price?
music.noise.art
www.kingtone.com
(05-28-2017, 03:03 PM)kingtone Wrote: i so love 32C and have already mixed several records on it. been away from the studio world for a bit and just checked out v4 demo - love the improvements but maybe miss the large transport (i'm still a bit old school). I missed the v4 update email - is there a way to still get a discounted price?

Shouldn't be a problem: just write an email to mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and let them know the email address you used at yoyr first purchase and they will sort it out for you.

Cheers,
MMM

P.S.: Just listening to your music and I like it!
(05-01-2017, 05:52 PM)x42 Wrote: The CPU is the toughest part: The Mixbus channelstrip emulation can eat lots of it, particularly at low-latency (small buffersizes), an i5 core-duo should be OKish though.

Let me add that a slightly older quad-core i7 will cost less than a current-gen i3 used but will run much much faster.

My 3rd-gen i7 (Core i7-3740QM) runs very smoothly, and shouldn't be but a few percent slower than even the latest and greatest 7th-gen, at least for mobile CPUs. You'll be far happier with a 3rd-gen real quad-core i7 than you would be with a current-gen dual core with hyperthreading (fake quad) i5. Although MB appears to do well with hyperthreading; all 8 HT cores show good loading on my i7-3740QM. Now, the step up from the first-gen Nehalem to the 3rd-gen is major; the i7-3740QM I have now is almost fully three-times faster than the i7-740QM I previously used. The 3rd-gen Core seems to be the sweet spot at the moment.
"Bughlt: Sckmud
Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again! "
-- Xenix System III 3.2, Tandy 6000, ca. 1987

Dell Precision 7740 Core i7-9750H 16GB RAM 256GB SSD 3x1TB SSD 1920x1080 plus 2x1920x1200 triple-screen
Mixbus 9.2.171, and 32C 9.2.171, Debian 11 x86_64 Linux
Confused IS THERE A DIFFERENCE between the MB v4 that I purchased for the Memorial day price of $39 and MB 32c v4 ? Is there an upgrade?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool