Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2872 "Interim Release"
Hello,

On the current project I'm working Mixbus 2257 always timed out the desktop manager at exit time. The project has 31 tracks, 3 MIDI tracks with u-he synth plugins, and 6 mixbus strips. Since this is early in the project, no audio plugins are used. The system is Linux Mint 17 64-bit and the desktop manager is KDE. This is not a gcc5 version.

With 2872 the KDE time out warning is still showing although the process is faster. The warning shows, then after a second Mixbus clears the desktop space. Whereas before it was in the range of 3 seconds. Something curious though, is that observing the title bar of the Mixbus window, with the session saved, and the exit command executed, we see that a star appears prefixing the name in the title bar, as if the session was modified as part of the shutdown process.

I must say that the problem I just reported regarding the 'Remove Time' track function still exists, even when the Edit Point is set to 'playhead' instead of 'mouse'.
u-he LinuxVST can cause a crash at exit: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic....0#p6341392
That is a bug. Jack-Transport does not support looping (and prior attempts to "hack" this ie. just seek the transport at the end of a loop) are all but reliable and accurate.
Loop is supposed to only work with "Internal" transport. They way you're currently working around this (keyboard shotcut) is not supposed to work either.
[/quote]

As an addendum to this transport problem, I also have problems with:

1) the cursor locating itself to the second last selected position:
Contrived example:
Cursor is on 00:00:01
Click on: 00:00:02
Cursor doesn't shift, playback still occurs from: 00:00:01
Click on: 00:00:03
Cursor locates to and plays back from: 00:00:02
Click on: 00:00:04
Cursor locates to and plays back from: 00:00:03
etc.

2) sometimes the cursor does not move at all during playback. *Sometimes* I can kick it into action by selecting static cursor.

Could you possibly be nice and confirm whether it is just my setup or not? The problem seems to go back a few revisions, now that I think about it.
@thekoala: those kinds of issues are typically associated with jack2 on linux.

The original jack(1) still works best on linux. Note that jack2 is not a new version of jack; it is an alternative implementation. Distribution managers think it is a newer version and use it instead of the original jack by Paul Davis. jack2 -is- preferred on mac and windows, though. This is a confusing topic with a convoluted history.

Short answer: if you can revert your system to jack(1) it will probably work better. Alternatively, just use the ALSA backend instead of JACK.

I would prefer if you reported these issues to the linux subforum rather than the "interim release" forum.

Best,
-Ben
(01-05-2016, 03:09 PM)x42 Wrote: u-he LinuxVST can cause a crash at exit: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic....0#p6341392

OK thanks, that's probably the case. There are two Zebra2 (one Zebra2, one ZebraDark) synths in the session, plus a Diva synth which is said to consume a fair amount of resources.

And about what I also mentioned above: I did partly solve the 'remove time' problem. See in the Linux section for details.
2872 is long in the tooth now.

Seems like it's time for either a new interim or 3.1.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(01-07-2016, 01:08 PM)bapu Wrote: 2872 is long in the tooth now.

Patience is a virtue : and the longer it takes , the better its get

See is at wine ..

Happy new Year

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(01-06-2016, 11:30 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @thekoala: those kinds of issues are typically associated with jack2 on linux.

The original jack(1) still works best on linux. Note that jack2 is not a new version of jack; it is an alternative implementation. Distribution managers think it is a newer version and use it instead of the original jack by Paul Davis. jack2 -is- preferred on mac and windows, though. This is a confusing topic with a convoluted history.

Short answer: if you can revert your system to jack(1) it will probably work better. Alternatively, just use the ALSA backend instead of JACK.

I would prefer if you reported these issues to the linux subforum rather than the "interim release" forum.

Best,
-Ben

Thank you very much for this advice Ben.
(01-07-2016, 01:21 PM)Frank Wrote:

See is at wine ..

Happy new Year

Frank
If you would see it as milk, it would already be spoiled. Tongue
(01-09-2016, 07:05 AM)cowboydan Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 01:21 PM)Frank Wrote:

See is at wine ..

Happy new Year

Frank
If you would see it as milk, it would already be spoiled. Tongue
see it as cheese which matures in time..
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1