Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v6.2 now available with VST3 support!
(11-13-2020, 06:43 AM)Yriisem Wrote: Hi, did anyone notice that in this update the mixer window disappears when interacting with any plugins? I am mostly only in the mixer, so this behavior is very disruptive to work. Otherwise, everything is fine!
Windows 10x64
https://youtu.be/gqYWFI7iu18

I'm not seeing this (although I'm only running regular Mixbus in Win8.1 - rather than 32C in Win10). Does it happen with all your plugins or only the Harrison ones?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(11-14-2020, 01:25 PM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 06:43 AM)Yriisem Wrote: Hi, did anyone notice that in this update the mixer window disappears when interacting with any plugins? I am mostly only in the mixer, so this behavior is very disruptive to work. Otherwise, everything is fine!
Windows 10x64

I'm not seeing this (although I'm only running regular Mixbus in Win8.1 - rather than 32C in Win10). Does it happen with all your plugins or only the Harrison ones?

This happens with any plugins and in a simple MixBus too. If the mixer panel is unpinned, it will disappear upon any interaction with any plugin. Until the last update, everything was in place.
(11-14-2020, 01:58 PM)Yriisem Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 01:25 PM)johne53 Wrote:
Windows 10x64

This happens with any plugins and in a simple MixBus too. If the mixer panel is unpinned, it will disappear upon any interaction with any plugin. Until the last update, everything was in place.
Not seeing this in Linux either, may be peculiar to Win10.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(11-14-2020, 01:58 PM)Yriisem Wrote: If the mixer panel is unpinned, it will disappear upon any interaction with any plugin.

Then when you re-attach the mixer, does the problem come back again?
(11-15-2020, 03:17 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 01:58 PM)Yriisem Wrote: If the mixer panel is unpinned, it will disappear upon any interaction with any plugin.

Then when you re-attach the mixer, does the problem come back again?
When the mixer panel is secured, everything works fine. It just adds a transport panel on top and takes up vertical space. We'll have to make the whole mixer smaller or stay without visible plug-in inserts. This breaks the usual and convenient process.
I haven't noticed it recently but this reminds me of a problem once whereby, if I minimized Mixbus and then moved my mouse around the screen, the Mixbus tooltips would keep popping up - even though MB itself wasn't visible!! And if I clicked my Windows desktop, sometimes a small MB control would appear - despite the fact that MB itself was minmized!!

It all sounds like something within Mixbus is intercepting mouse messages which it should be ignoring.
Hi, Thanks Harrison, nice update. Long time waited VST 3 support.
Quick question for everyone here.
I´ve noticed improvement regarding the latency values. In Reaper using same settings (48KHz with 128 samples Buffer size) i get 8ms in Mixbus 6.2 i get 5.5 ms. Is there any particular improvement in this version for that to happen ?
Thanks
Windows 10x64

Could it be that you have made the mixer full-screen: Menu > View > Maximize Mixer Space (ctrl+alt+f) ?
(11-16-2020, 09:06 AM)x42 Wrote:
Windows 10x64

Could it be that you have made the mixer full-screen: Menu > View > Maximize Mixer Space (ctrl+alt+f) ?
Yes, I use both full-screen and non-full-screen mixer spreads. Before this update, everything worked flawlessly. I have never used a fixed mixer to the editor.