Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v6.1 now available!
Mixbus and Mixbus32C v6.0 users: there's a great new update available: v6.1

A full list of changes is provided below.

You can always get the latest version of Mixbus from the appropriate product page:

Mixbus:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html

Mixbus32C:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus32c.html

Changes since 6.0.702:
  • New plugin: XT-TP Tremolo Panner (MSRP $49)
  • XT-EG Expander/Gate is improved with an external sidechain input
  • External Timecode Sync (this feature was temporarily disabled for the 6.0 launch)
  • New custom control panels for the a-EQ and a-Delay plugins (included free)
  • New: Transport Inputs Dialog: shows live state of multiple transport sync sources and allows you to select the one to chase
  • Improved: Mixer Favorite Plugin sidebar:
  • Use dedicated sort-order (fix issue with order being forgotten when results are filtered)
  • --Add support for recent and most-used plugins
  • --Add a text-entry search filter for favorites
  • --Remove tag-filter drop-down
  • New: a whole new page of dedicated MIDI shortcuts to the Keybindings dialog
  • --These actions become available when in “internal” MIDI edit modes (Draw and Edit)
  • New: Export Watermarking:
  • --Enable the checkbox in the Export dialog to insert an occasional “hiss” in your mix; allows clients to hear the mix but makes it unpublishable
  • New: Added a preference to intelligently shorten the track names in the editor (preferences->->appearanace->editor->ellipsize...)
  • Fix solo-propagation on Aux buses: soloing an aux bus should never mute the tracks that feed it
  • Graphics load of XT plugins has been greatly reduced … most systems should be able to show more GUIs on-screen at once without causing visual lag or artifacts.
  • New LV2 packaging reduces the download size, and dramatically speeds up the installation on windows.
  • Various fixes to mixer store/recall scripts (this invalidates prior stored files)
  • Fixed fader-automation: overwriting existing data in Write mode was faulty.
  • Fixed some issues with plugin delay compensation (while looping, maybe other cases)
  • Add option to reset x-run count on record-start
  • Update waveform-display when channelcount changes
  • Cut reverb tails (sic) after an export (flush-all-inserts after export)
  • Continued work on the websockets interface (beta)
  • Fixed a potential endless loop on windows, when exporting a tracks tarting at 0:00:00:00
  • Slightly improve the keybindings dialog; particularly when assigning a keybinding that is already assigned to something else
  • When drag&dropping a region into the canvas, drop it where the mouse is by default (not playhead location)
  • Selecting a “Range” of midi, and then copy/pasting it, would result in the new midi regions starting from “0” instead of the intended offset. This has been fixed
  • Prevent ripple-edit from working when you drag from one track to another. (temporary fix, will revisit)
  • Add an automation lane for poly-key-pressure (MIDI)
  • Disable ‘spill’ when a bus is removed
  • When MIDI notes are selected, notes will be nudged by the Grid (if on) not the nudge clock (if grid is off). Or grid/4 in “Fine” mode.
  • Brighten the "beat" lines in the Grid (if you have modified your theme, you'll need to click "Reset to Default" to see the new grid colors)
  • Shift+right-click on an inline slider will remove that control slider, not the whole plugin
  • Allow switching the solo mode without introducing a click
  • Fix problem with “unnamed” sessions tending to empty the recent-sessions list
  • Fix the band-template: was missing the input connections
  • Fix ‘audition’ action on a selected midi region
  • Fix the import of MIDI files that did not have a tempo explicitly set already
  • Provide a default US-2400 profile
  • Fix the pan direction on Tascam US-2400
  • Various fixes to preserve the selection of MIDI notes
  • Fixed a problem with the Audition feature on MIDI regions: after auditioning, the unselected MIDI regions would not play until something (moving a region, muting a region, etc) triggered a recalculation of the playlist.
  • Fixed a potential hang when adding a sidechain port to a plugin
  • OSX: Fixed a problem that prevented opening session snapshot files from the Finder (“Startup TSM waiting on plugins” message)
  • Windows: Fixed a problem where various multimedia keyboard buttons (volume controls, sometimes caps lock) could trigger a Delete action.
  • Windows: “Video Tools” are no longer a selection in the Windows installer. MP3 and MP4 export require this to be installed, so it is now installed by default (with no checkbox to skip them)

....and hundreds of smaller fixes, too!

Thanks very much for your continuing support!

-Ben at Harrison
Thank you for great work.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(07-17-2020, 12:20 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [*]New: Added a preference to intelligently shorten the track names in the editor (preferences->->appearanace->editor->ellipsize...)
Thanks Ben... great range of improvements... love the a-EQ UI very clean and easy to use.
Looking forward to ellipsize on the Mixer page ...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
When will these be available for the 'standard' Mixbuss release? Or at least the ones that apply?
See the start of Ben's post. Above are links to MB v6.1 and MB32C v6.1.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(07-17-2020, 12:20 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: ....and hundreds of smaller fixes, too!

And one of all that fixes is that one can now consolidate MIDI regions in a track again. Now, I think I can do all my MIDI work within Mixbus32C again, thank you very much, this makes everything sooo much more efficient! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(07-18-2020, 11:10 AM)Theotherguy Wrote: See the start of Ben's post. Above are links to MB v6.1 and MB32C v6.1.

oops, need to sharpen my reading skills a bit Undecided
(07-18-2020, 03:14 PM)ErwinB Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 11:10 AM)Theotherguy Wrote: See the start of Ben's post. Above are links to MB v6.1 and MB32C v6.1.

oops, need to sharpen my reading skills a bit Undecided

Sometimes the MB blends into the MB32C (I have old eyes)... that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!Cool
Happy Mixing
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Hi,many thanks for update. Here all ok on gnu linux debian buster and windows 10 Smile

gennaro
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
Thanks to you and your team Ben. Always making improvements.
I am digging the hell out of the XT-TP! I fell right into the controls.
I put the XT-TP with the XT-SP behind it on a mono guitar track, simply amazing and I have just started exploring. Also, sounds great on a 76 Stage EP. Iv'e waited a long time for these kinds of plugins. XT plugins have always worked without issues for me, always.
Thanks again to ALL at Harrison.
Alex