Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compiling plugins with Mixbus library versions?
(06-05-2020, 07:01 AM)keefaz Wrote: You can't compile anything with mixbus libraries, I mean you would need the libraries source code for that (functions declarations in header files).
Yeah, sure, but that is not a problem, just getting same version of lib sources / devel packages.

(06-05-2020, 07:01 AM)keefaz Wrote: I have compiled audio plugins in Linux, that just works, providing you have dependency packages installed and maybe devel package for source code (depending on distro, in Slackware source code is always included in each package)
Compiling plugins is easy, but for example qmidiarp is built with system libs, and not working in Mixbus. It can be used in Mixbus with carla rack plugin, but would be much easier to use it directly.
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
I thought long about an answer, but I seriously think it's out of scope for you, but there you go, that's how you build against mixbus distributed libs:

Tell your compiler where to find the headers, you may install them however you think it's right.
Then tell your linker where to find the lib of mixbus.
Depending on the build system you have to edit stuff therefore, not so familiar with qmidiarp's but I think it's well documented.
Try building.

You may run into following problems :

The headers you installed just don't match to mixbus distributed lib caused by headers generated at build time of the lib.

As there is lot of tuning in functionality possible while build time, you will require sometimes a lib configured with special features or without it. You may should check the dependency graph of the code.

Tell me if it worked for you if you consider trying! Don't know how familiar you are with it, I think it's a waste of time.

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk