Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(SOLVED)Mixbus32C_v6 don't create a new session
Hi all, I'm new here and with mixbus32C...

I downloaded and installed Mixbus32C_Linux but when it is opened, and the new session at home is created, the "Could not create session in /home/kernel/test" message appear.... I click to ok, and then Mixbus32C is closed....

How can I fix it?

Thanks....and Cheers

(03-20-2020, 09:35 AM)Codesound Wrote: Hi all, I'm new here and with mixbus32C...

I downloaded and installed Mixbus32C_Linux but when it is opened, and the new session at home is created, the "Could not create session in /home/kernel/test" message appear.... I click to ok, and then Mixbus32C is closed....

How can I fix it?

Thanks....and Cheers

Hi, welcome to Mixbus and the forum.
It looks like you have specified your default session directory to somewhere where you don't have write permission. Unless your username is "kernel".
So, when you start MB the next time, please select a directory in your home path to create the session in. Once you have Mixbus running you can go into preferences and change your default session path.
HTH for now,
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Hi,

as a fool I have not seen that he saved in the Home directory and not in one of its subdirectories .... now I could test this software and get an idea.. meanwhile the support works great... thanks
(03-20-2020, 09:42 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:35 AM)Codesound Wrote: Hi all, I'm new here and with mixbus32C...

How can I fix it?

Thanks....and Cheers

It looks like you have specified your default session directory to somewhere where you don't have write permission. Unless your username is "kernel".
So, when you start MB the next time, please select a directory in your home path to create the session in. Once you have Mixbus running you can go into preferences and change your default session path.
HTH for now,
MMM
Linux Mint Cinnamom_x64 - Mixbus32C-6.0.0-Linux-64bit-gcc5
Hi...

I'm going crazy because mixbus doesn't start.. I maked a simple screen-capture video.. In every folder that I create one new session, Mixbus don't start ... in all these folders I have write permissions....

PS: can Mixbus32C save to another internal hdd?
Thanks and sorry...

https://streamable.com/6lr4x
(03-22-2020, 03:17 AM)Codesound Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:42 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

How can I fix it?

Thanks....and Cheers

HTH for now,
MMM
Linux Mint Cinnamom_x64 - Mixbus32C-6.0.0-Linux-64bit-gcc5
Hi...

I'm going crazy because mixbus doesn't start.. I maked a simple screen-capture video.. In every folder that I create one new session, Mixbus don't start ... in all these folders I have write permissions....

PS: can Mixbus32C save to another internal hdd?
Thanks and sorry...

https://streamable.com/6lr4x

Again: do you have write permission in the directory you specified? Is your username "kernel"? Have you tried to manually create a file in the directory you want to create the session in? Is there enough space?
df -h gives you the amount of free space in the mounted partitions

You tried to create the session in /home/kernel/Downloads - so in a terminal type

cd /home/kernel/Downloads
pwd -P (to check if you are really there, not on a link)
touch blahfile.txt
ls | grep blah
Did it show or did you get an error message after the touch command?

When you try to start Mixbus next time, please choose "Other" for the location, go into your home directory (/home/yourusername/), create a new folder and click this one. The creation of the folder should fail when you don't have write rights. If it does create the folder we will know that you and Mixbus can write there and eliminate this possible source of grief.

HTH
MMM
Linux throughout!

Hi,

have patience, I understand that I am boring you:

"Again: do you have write permission in the directory you specified?"
Yes .............. it's the download folder ... if I didn't have write permissions, I wouldn't be able to download anything, or?

"Is your username "kernel"? " Yes, my home have the same Sys username

"Have you tried to manually create a file in the directory you want to create the session in?" what is the extension?

"Is there enough space?" 256 Gb enough?

"You tried to create the session in /home/kernel/Downloads - so in a terminal type

cd /home/kernel/Downloads
pwd -P (to check if you are really there, not on a link)
touch blahfile.txt
ls | grep blah
Did it show or did you get an error message after the touch command?"
With the touch command, I create the ImStupid.txt file without problems...

The Terminal out is: "nothing"

"When you try to start Mixbus next time, please choose "Other" for the location, go into your home directory (/home/yourusername/), create a new folder and click this one."
this is what you see in the video already posted....

"The creation of the folder should fail when you don't have write rights. If it does create the folder we will know that you and Mixbus can write there and eliminate this possible source of grief." Again, I have the write permission of all folder like Home+Downloads+Documents+bla, bla, bla AND in all secondary HDD,

I try to uninstall it and reinstall it...... Thanks so much for now

Cheers
(03-22-2020, 06:11 AM)Codesound Wrote: I try to uninstall it and reinstall it...... Thanks so much for now

Good luck. Please delete ~/.config/mixbus6 as well before you re-install. In fact you could do this before you uninstall Mixbus and then try to create a session...
In your video you went directly to the Download folder and tried to create the session there. I meant to go to other (bottom), then navigate to a folder, maybe Downloads, then "create folder" (upper right corner), maybe "lala1", which becomes automatically the actual folder. You should get something like this (see screenshot) and then type in the session name.

I'm sure it's something totally trivial which just couldn't be seen here in the forum but it's very obvious when sitting in front of the machine.

Just let us here in the forum know when you found out.

MMM    

Trying to create a session "ffff" in /bin ends up like in the screenshot. Looks familiar?
Smile

Also, after a failed attempt, have you checked if there was a session folder created in the directory?
What you could also try: create a new, fresh user, login as that user and try to create a session.
MMM
Linux throughout!

Thumbs Up 
(03-22-2020, 07:55 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:11 AM)Codesound Wrote: I try to uninstall it and reinstall it...... Thanks so much for now

Good luck. Please delete ~/.config/mixbus6 as well before you re-install. In fact you could do this before you uninstall Mixbus and then try to create a session...
In your video you went directly to the Download folder and tried to create the session there. I meant to go to other (bottom), then navigate to a folder, maybe Downloads, then "create folder" (upper right corner), maybe "lala1", which becomes automatically the actual folder. You should get something like this (see screenshot) and then type in the session name.

I'm sure it's something totally trivial which just couldn't be seen here in the forum but it's very obvious when sitting in front of the machine.

Just let us here in the forum know when you found out.

MMM

Trying to create a session "ffff" in /bin ends up like in the screenshot. Looks familiar?
Smile

Also, after a failed attempt, have you checked if there was a session folder created in the directory?
What you could also try: create a new, fresh user, login as that user and try to create a session.
MMM

Hi,

the trick of deleting the ~ / .config / mixbus6 folder allowed me to solve the problem by indicating a different folder from the one I had initially set. When you open Mixbus the first time, you are asked to indicate the project folder. Once you have finished the initial settings, you move on to the generation of the new project. Even if I changed the folder destination for THIS new project, Mixbus pointed the folder indicated in the initial phase .....

Now I try your software ... Thanks for everything
(03-22-2020, 10:34 AM)Codesound Wrote: Now I try your software ... Thanks for everything

Not my software (I wish haha), I'm just a (long time) user. When I say "we" I mean the forum.
Happy to hear you could solve your problem. Happy mixing!

MMM
Linux throughout!

(03-22-2020, 07:16 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 10:34 AM)Codesound Wrote: Now I try your software ... Thanks for everything

Not my software (I wish haha), I'm just a (long time) user. When I say "we" I mean the forum.
Happy to hear you could solve your problem. Happy mixing!

MMM

Hi,

only now I see your last post.... thanks again for your time dedicated... Shy

BUT: Confused

this error re-appear..

1. I see that the version of Mixbus32C_DEMO that I use is old ... now the new release is 6.0.251
2. I downloaded this version and with this version I see better what is the problem that remain:

when one new project starts, the error message that appear is:

Errors/Messages:
ERROR: JACK: Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)
ERROR: JACK: JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error
INFO: harvid version: 803
INFO: Loading menus from /opt/Mixbus32C-6.0.251/etc/ardour.menus
ERROR: JACK: Cannot create thread res = 1

I searched online this problem and I found this link:

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.p...k-realtime

I use Reaper with zero problems:
I added my username to the audio group;
I added at the limits.d file these 2 lines:

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock unlimited

I use a CPU governor: indicator-cpufreq