Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
List of Known and unknown Linux plugins
(01-18-2020, 03:30 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Cool. Do you think we will reach the critical mass some day? The day from when on a Linux VST goes without saying with most plugin vendors/releases?

It is certainly 'surprising' for now to see that 'little players' in the field are going Linux. Significant traction (not the DAW/company Smile ) will be attained when major players will be doing the same. What's important are the reasons behind this. Small companies might be doing that in the hope of getting more sales whereas majors have no need. Beyond the actual need, there could be a good impression made on the majors if a good number of smaller ones are going Linux, as majors also like to be on a trend to assure sales.

Also, software development is now often made using certain principles (of so-called MVC for instance) which facilitates through its decoupling approach the port to other environments.

Cheers.
Dead Duck Free Effects Bundle is a free collection of 25 VST plugins I recently installed which seem to run fine using LinVST. I only did quick "does it work" run of Channel/Channel2 and a couple of others. Worth further testing.

https://deadducksoftware.blogspot.com/20...annel.html
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Thanks for the link. Their substractive synth has got 2nd place in KVR's Developer Challenge 2018.

1st place that year was awarded to Ignite Amps's proF.E.T. I run from time to time Ignite Amps amps such as NadIR and NPR-1, no problem at all.

The characteristic with Ignite Amps is that, apart from making software amps, they also actually build custom hardware tube-based amps.

http://www.igniteamps.com/