Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
List of Known and unknown Linux plugins
I wanted to see if I can find any Linux gems out there that others are using that work only in Linux for my part, I know I can use wine and all that but I’m more so Linux only as if right now for mixing. I know there’s, Harrison’s lv2, overtone DSP, u-he, dragon fly reverb which I found recently through these fourms on another forum post I made, I’m wondering if there’s more. I know there’s calf plugins, lsp plugins, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want a good overview you should try AVLinux which comes with almost every plugin available. You can run it live from USB or CD if you just want to look.
I use Harrison ones if they fit mainly for dynamics. Other regulars I use are x42 EQ and analyser, Zam dynamic EQ, EQ10Q (it's a suite of useful plugins, including a nice gate), TAL reverb. Dragonfly reverb is great and they have recently released a room reverb to accompany their original hall reverb. Also been using some IR for reverbs via LSP or Klangfalter.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Thanks I love the zam dynamic eq

I'd like to see a list of the unknown Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Lol same I’ll be waiting at the edge of my seat

By the way I’m looking for now nice amp type plugin, I know there’s guirtarix but I have the plugins for them, some don’t seem to work, they don’t open the GUI and the sound of the them aren’t the best, maybe it’s because it’s not working correctly.

Ooo look what I found

tls 1295 analog type compressor

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222369

(12-24-2019, 05:34 PM)Dingo Wrote: I'd like to see a list of the unknown Smile

I have it somewhere, I just don't know the file name Big Grin
MMM
(12-25-2019, 01:14 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(12-24-2019, 05:34 PM)Dingo Wrote: I'd like to see a list of the unknown Smile

I have it somewhere, I just don't know the file name Big Grin
MMM

If you're certain you have it somewher here's a quite easy way to find a list where it's probably mentioned:

Code:
#>: find / -type f -iname '?*' -ls

Rolleyes
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR
(12-25-2019, 04:50 AM)Harvey Stuart Wrote: If you're certain you have it somewher here's a quite easy way to find a list where it's probably mentioned:
Code:

Rolleyes

Yesss!!! It finds indeed every single file! How can I thank you?
Tongue

MMM
(12-25-2019, 07:14 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 04:50 AM)Harvey Stuart Wrote: If you're certain you have it somewher here's a quite easy way to find a list where it's probably mentioned:
Code:

Rolleyes

Yesss!!! It finds indeed every single file! How can I thank you?
Tongue

MMM

Lol