Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v5.2 update available FREE
Now I can´t change the Session Sample Rate from 44,1 to 88,2. I used to make this changing the Audio interface sample rate and refreshing devices in AUDIO/MIDI SETUP in Mixbus.
Now I can´t. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Back to work in Reaper...
(03-19-2019, 07:25 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: 0) make a backup of the original Smile

I mentioned it in my main topic on the matter in the general section. But then the original is always available by re-installing Dodgy If you meant the 'original' in the sense of the user's definitions then yes, those definitions must certainly be preserved and these can be extracted by making a diff, and a diff uses tgwo files, one of them being an 'original'.

This being said, it's a bit rather ironic. The steps I have sketched here and in the general section can all be done automatically during installation. Heck, since the user never gets to modify this file directly, what's written in there is 200% known by the developers. And what can be done with a text file that's known very well ? The fiercest and most aggressive sed scripts can be launched upon it, extracting the user's definitions, changing their syntax (if the syntax has changed in the latest release) and putting then back in the new file that's installed with the new version. The installation itself can output to the console and in a text file for posterity a user-comprehensive list of anything that was done that could interest the user.

For instance, I certainly like way better toggling the mixbusses and VCAs using a single finger on a single key, which means I like my original 'b' and 'v' shortcuts for doing so. I don't like the new 'B' and 'V" since I have to use two hands or with one hand have to spend some time stretching and spotting the key whole holding the shift key.

After property taxes and entangled audio cables, it is the most annoying thing.

So in this case Mixbus install would keep mine and not try to impose the new ones. The installation script would see that the for that action the user has already defined a key, so let's keep the user's key.
A million thanks for adding export to .mp3!!!!!
(03-20-2019, 11:36 AM)Petter Wrote: A million thanks for adding export to .mp3!!!!!

MP3 export is the only thing I have not found. Have I missed something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(03-20-2019, 01:17 PM)Tassy Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 11:36 AM)Petter Wrote: A million thanks for adding export to .mp3!!!!!

MP3 export is the only thing I have not found. Have I missed something?

I’m not in front of it at the moment, but yes it’s there. I used it just the other night.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Great News Ben with new update mixbus and mixbus 32c.

gennaro
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
No mp3 exporting found...getting this message in the log:

[ERROR]: Ignored format 'C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-5\share\ardour5\export\MP3 (extreme).format': encoder is not avilable

Anyone else see this?
did not see but do not have mp3 in the list of exports. i have Lame 3 for mp3 and it has been working for 20 years wit other apps.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(03-19-2019, 03:54 PM)jonetsu Wrote: 3) The user key action fields do not conflict with existing ones (grep). If so, remove the new ones (can be automated with a sed script)
Have to remember that there is also operating systems with poor tooling, so most likely there is no sed in windows.
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
(03-20-2019, 09:18 PM)tedtech Wrote: No mp3 exporting found...getting this message in the log:

[ERROR]: Ignored format 'C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-5\share\ardour5\export\MP3 (extreme).format': encoder is not available

The video tools need to be installed for this to be available.
In MS Windows that is currently still an optional item in the installer.