Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v5.2 update available FREE
Wow, lots of stuff for a point release! You guys have been busy! Thanks!
(03-19-2019, 07:07 AM)Black Jacque Shellac Wrote: Wow, lots of stuff for a point release! You guys have been busy! Thanks!

Haha... Typical thing for Mixbus...

Comparably unspectacular major releases, but then a lot of good things sneak in during point releases. Big Grin

The "Tweak to channelstrip compressor..." is my personal favorite - finally can use the leveler and compressor modes with full confidence. Heart
After updates, so far, I always reported bugs in 5 minutes, now I can report only what I love in 32C-5.2Smile
Just some of them:

- Opening sub snapshots in session folders can be clicked and opens. (no jumping back any more)
- The Mixbus and VCA panes appear well placed on the right. (no more adjusting needed)
- Editing tracks and automation is smooth, gain line (draw tool) works as expected. (Many good changes here regarding editing)
- Changing audio engine and buffer parameters works in open sessions as many times and types as I want. (no more freeze)
- Plugin names can be seen fine and read (no more (2x4) stuff before the names) An * is there to call your attention if some i/o is multi mono
- Some defaults were changed well for fitting the more practical, more common workflows
- Start marker stays where it has been set. (no more jumping to 0.000 time)
- No more "zebra" tracks that "cannot be used" by MB Smile
- Clear selection after split option makes the editing a joy
- Ghost waveform in the automation is bright enough to see
- Added VCA appears in view.
- Option to set new default fade shape (works only for newly created regions/sessions, not to mess up the older sessions.)

That is so far
Thanks for your accurate work
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(03-19-2019, 01:57 PM)Tassy Wrote: After updates, so far, I always reported bugs in 5 minutes, now I can report only what I love in 32C-5.2Smile
Just some of them:
- Install is easy, keeps all my personal colors and key bindings. (no need to reset them).
- Opening sub snapshots in session folders can be clicked and opens. (no jumping back any more)
- The Mixbus and VCA panes appear well placed on the right. (no more adjusting needed)
- Editing tracks and automation is smooth, gain line (draw tool) works as expected. (Many good changes here regarding editing)
- Changing audio engine and buffer parameters works in open sessions as many times and types as I want. (no more freeze)
- Plugin names can be seen fine and read (no more (2x4) stuff before the names) An * is there to call your attention if some i/o is multi mono
- Some defaults were changed well for fitting the more practical, more common workflows
- Start marker stays where it has been set. (no more jumping to 0.000 time)
- No more "zebra" tracks that "cannot be used" by MB Smile
- Clear selection after split option makes the editing a joy
- Ghost waveform in the automation is bright enough to see
- Added VCA appears in view.
- Option to set new default fade shape (works only for newly created regions/sessions, not to mess up the older sessions.)

That is so far
Thanks for your accurate work
Tassy

Mixbus is definitely working to improve the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-19-2019, 01:57 PM)Tassy Wrote: - Install is easy, keeps all my personal colors and key bindings. (no need to reset them).

Certainly not here. After install I had to:

sudo cp Yamaha-mixbus32c.colors /opt/Mixbus32C-5.2.130/share/themes/dark-mixbus32c.colors

To get the colours back.

Also, key bindings were erased. I had 'b' and 'v' for instance to toggle the showing of mixbusses and VCAs and now they are replaced with Shift-b and Shift-v in other words, uppercase 'B' and 'V'. Other custom keybindings were also erased.

Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
@jonetsu:

Yes that's right, Mixbus always advances the "keybindings" and "colors" files with a new version number. We think this is best because we must sometimes add, remove, or rename a keybinding action, and we want the new features to work. Power-users can copy the old file "at their own risk", as jonetsu has described.

@Tassy: maybe you were using a v5.2 "beta" when you last made changes to your keybindings, and that's why they were still preserved in 5.2.130

Thanks for all the nice comments!
-Ben
(03-19-2019, 03:44 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Yes that's right, Mixbus always advances the "keybindings" and "colors" files with a new version number. We think this is best because we must sometimes add, remove, or rename a keybinding action, and we want the new features to work. Power-users can copy the old file "at their own risk", as jonetsu has described.

There's not much risk IMHO if:

1) The declaration syntax has not changed (visual check)
2) The user key file contains only the user keys and nothing else
3) The user key action fields do not conflict with existing ones (grep). If so, remove the new ones (can be automated with a sed script)

Point 3) Is needed only if a conflict can happen. If the processing of the file simply takes the latest declaration as the good one, then no problem.
(03-19-2019, 03:54 PM)jonetsu Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 03:44 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Yes that's right, Mixbus always advances the "keybindings" and "colors" files with a new version number. We think this is best because we must sometimes add, remove, or rename a keybinding action, and we want the new features to work. Power-users can copy the old file "at their own risk", as jonetsu has described.

There's not much risk IMHO if:

1) The declaration syntax has not changed (visual check)
2) The user key file contains only the user keys and nothing else
3) The user key action fields do not conflict with existing ones (grep). If so, remove the new ones (can be automated with a sed script)

Point 3) Is needed only if a conflict can happen. If the processing of the file simply takes the latest declaration as the good one, then no problem.

0) make a backup of the original Smile
Some really nice new features and fixes! Will try it later today.
Just a quick question, the Linux version is supplied as "Linux 64bit", and "Linux 64bit gcc5", where iirc the gcc5 version is for newer versions of Linux?
Default in my daily siduction (Debian Sid) is GCC8 although it also has 7, 6, and 5. I do production in AVLinux which I think has GCC6.
(03-19-2019, 03:44 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @jonetsu:

Yes that's right, Mixbus always advances the "keybindings" and "colors" files with a new version number. We think this is best because we must sometimes add, remove, or rename a keybinding action, and we want the new features to work. Power-users can copy the old file "at their own risk", as jonetsu has described.

@Tassy: maybe you were using a v5.2 "beta" when you last made changes to your keybindings, and that's why they were still preserved in 5.2.130

-Ben

(03-19-2019, 03:44 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @jonetsu:

-Ben

Yes Ben, I overlooked it was the beta I used before, I will take the install notes out from my list
thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,