Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MOTU Ultralite AVB and Linux
Yeah the windows driver installs a temporary web server on the computer. You should be able to connect via web browser to this.
You don't need an AVB switch to access the built in webserver via ethernet.
That's with the Ultralite, don't have any other.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(10-15-2018, 12:52 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Yeah the windows driver installs a temporary web server on the computer. You should be able to connect via web browser to this.
You don't need an AVB switch to access the built in webserver via ethernet.
That's with the Ultralite, don't have any other.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I did not check the web via USB construction yet.
I need the AVB port for data: so web access via that port ( Unless avb) means a switch.
I have not checked the Thunderbolt : i do not know how that connection behaves.

I love the concept of seeing all connections, from different machines in one spot.

I already prepared my partner that the dining table (and adjacent desk ) will be occupied ..

Nice seeing you

regards
Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(10-15-2018, 01:45 AM)Frank Wrote: Nice seeing you

Nice seeing you back, too. You must have been busy...
I sat until 4am last night, then it was done: A Hackintosh Mojave on a Lenovo ThinkCentre - nice little and practically noiseless machine. Intel i5 Haswell, Intel Q87 chipset and most importantly Intel 82579 ethernet controller. Tonight I will check if it can run AVB on this Smile

Cheers,
MMM
The Intel i210 chipset network cards are fairly inexpensine if you need an add in card. Supports avb, etc.

Bruce
(10-19-2018, 10:28 PM)BruceGA Wrote: The Intel i210 chipset network cards are fairly inexpensine if you need an add in card. Supports avb, etc.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Now I just need a serve of extra life time Wink
MMM
Hi...the lone arrangement I see is to ensure that your TB association can't come free when being used. On the off chance that at the unit, I would utilize Velcro — a square on the unit and its mate on the link to give strain alleviation. I like a drop of silicone stick over the association if it's the link to the connector—simple to strip off in the event that you need to fix it later. In the event that you need to fix it consistently, that is the thing that gaffer's tape is for. Blue painter's tape works, as well, and falls off without buildup.