Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lua script requests
(07-23-2019, 08:52 AM)MrHaroldA Wrote: I would like to be able to return the playhead to where I started playing, whilst playing Wink

Sort of 'auto return' feature, but without stopping playback.

I guess it could query the 'auto return' state, optionally toggle it on if it was off, and then stop and start playback. If the 'auto return' was previously off, it should be toggled to off again.

EDIT: Here's the script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davide...t_play.lua

===================================================

OLD TEXT HERE:
I tried and it's not as straight-forward as it seems. Mixbus/Ardour manage all the actions in an asynchronous way and basically we only request actions (not dictate) via LUA.

The point is that you cannot simply set the auto-return, stop, play, and set it back because the code accounts for external sync and other stuff which do not guarantee that, for example, when you request a stop it happens directly, or at all.

7 space space seems much faster than LUA workarounds in this case Smile
(07-31-2019, 10:32 AM)GiRa Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 08:52 AM)MrHaroldA Wrote: I would like to be able to return the playhead to where I started playing, whilst playing Wink

Sort of 'auto return' feature, but without stopping playback.

I guess it could query the 'auto return' state, optionally toggle it on if it was off, and then stop and start playback. If the 'auto return' was previously off, it should be toggled to off again.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davide...t_play.lua

Nice! Exactly what I needed, thanks! Big Grin
Lightbulb 
Hi,

Is it possible to hide tracks in editor view but showing them in mixer view with lua script? I find it hard when there is both bus tracks, vca's showing in editor view. I just want to have midi and audio tracks there. I found it att bit messy with all those different tracks.

Thanks
Manjaro XFCE, All-In-One Lenovo IdeaCentre i5, 16GB RAM, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
(11-25-2019, 06:06 AM)Tobbe Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to hide tracks in editor view but showing them in mixer view with lua script? I find it hard when there is both bus tracks, vca's showing in editor view. I just want to have midi and audio tracks there. I found it att bit nessy with all those different tracks.

Thanks

RTFM Smile
Menu -> view -> show editor list -> tick/untick boxes under "V"
No LUA script needed, it's built in since at least v2.5 Smile

MMM
(11-25-2019, 07:01 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 06:06 AM)Tobbe Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to hide tracks in editor view but showing them in mixer view with lua script? I find it hard when there is both bus tracks, vca's showing in editor view. I just want to have midi and audio tracks there. I found it att bit nessy with all those different tracks.

Thanks

RTFM Smile
Menu -> view -> show editor list -> tick/untick boxes under "V"
No LUA script needed, it's built in since at least v2.5 Smile

MMM

Not exactly what I wanted. If I create a VCA track and hide it, it also get hidden in Mixer view. I want it to be shown in mixer view but NOT in editor view.

Mixbus 32C latest release
Manjaro XFCE, All-In-One Lenovo IdeaCentre i5, 16GB RAM, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
Even when you detach the mixer?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Just had a quick check: looks like a bug... At least when I detach the mixer window I'd expect the visibility decoupled and I believe this was so in previous versions, I just don't have time right now to set up an older Mixbus...
May be worth to report to mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
MMM
Hi fellow forum members!

Long time mixbus user here (since v2). I'm starting to use midi libraries more and more often nowadays and would love to improve the workflow. Freezing tracks will help with that.

It's not clear to me if the freeze script at the start of the thread worked around or not, but I think this one should be doable.

When creating a new midi channel, automatically create a new audio track with the same name and a suffix (maybe name_r, for "render") and route midi track output to audio track input.

This will help lots and save quite a lot of clics and time. Do you think it's doable?

Best
Any Vocalign script?
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!