Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EUCON setup for Mixbus + Mixbus32C
(04-30-2020, 10:35 AM)grandude1 Wrote: Just a quick update. I wouldn't bother to try and make Avid Dock or Avid control work with Mixbus. Mackie integration is terrible with those devices. Artist Mix may be a different story.
Best regards,
Greg

Yes, I have a Dock and S1's with the Control App on tablets and get Faders, Mutes, Solo, Pan, Transport and Softkeys. No meters or plugin support.
Yeah no meters and plugin support is a buzz kill. Avid doesn't seem interested in fixing the issue either. Would be better if Mixbus added Eucon as a control surface choice for Mixbus then it would guarantee compatibility.
(11-04-2021, 01:45 PM)grandude1 Wrote: Yeah no meters and plugin support is a buzz kill. Avid doesn't seem interested in fixing the issue either. Would be better if Mixbus added Eucon as a control surface choice for Mixbus then it would guarantee compatibility.

Yes that would be great, but EUCON is a proprietary protocol that AVID is not sharing.. well that's my understanding....
That is why Harrison are using Mackie MCU protocol to bridge and that does not give access to all the parameters.
Short answer... hassle AVID to open up.... good luck... I think they are more interested in making money than helping other third parties suck up that last 1% of profit.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-04-2021, 05:49 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 01:45 PM)grandude1 Wrote: Yeah no meters and plugin support is a buzz kill. Avid doesn't seem interested in fixing the issue either. Would be better if Mixbus added Eucon as a control surface choice for Mixbus then it would guarantee compatibility.

Yes that would be great, but EUCON is a proprietary protocol that AVID is not sharing.. well that's my understanding....
That is why Harrison are using Mackie MCU protocol to bridge and that does not give access to all the parameters.
Short answer... hassle AVID to open up.... good luck... I think they are more interested in making money than helping other third parties suck up that last 1% of profit.

EUCON is not proprietary for 3rd party DAW's, Harison has the full EUCON SDK as does Apple, Steinberg, Merging, Adobe and many others  You are very wrong in your assumptions.
Fine thanks for setting me right... just I thought it was not that straight forward..
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Are we going to get maps in there for Sx interfaces as la the ones in there for the “Artist Series”? I just switch from my Artist Control to an S1 and it’s annoying having Mixbus only having 4 faders mapping at a time.
All nice, but why not native EUCON... your Mixbus is listed as a "Native Eucon" app on AVID's site
Because Mixbus still needs to map to the devices. Ben had made some maps for two Avid Artist devices, but they don’t really map accurately to other hardware.

I also don’t know if we can do custom maps, like if Mixbus could go into a “learn” mode so we can construct custom maps for whatever devices we have.

I can hobble around with the current maps but I’d rather have it work as well as possible, as hobbled as it will be by Mackie protocol.
So... no further progress on this?
So from what I gather EUCON is not working on Mixbus 32C V9. For example the avid control app? Only as a Mackie controller with Artist Mix profile. And not much is working in that profile. Volumes and pan work. So why is it listed as EUCON compatible on the AVID site? Just trying to understand.
How do I set it up in EUCON mode?