Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Surface support in v3.1 (videos)
Here are some videos that demonstrate various control protocols that were added in v3.1:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...K2y7qquStA

-Ben
very nice. Full MCU implementation with feedback, and some additional details like the bus send/level controls. Looking forward to it.
Mixbus32c, Mackie Onyx 1640, Neumann km1, WA 47 jr..MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, UA, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
Hi I try to setup a Korg NanoKontroler2
It work after I set it up, BUT I must do that on every song I load
it DON'T SAVE the setup :-(
What do I do wrong, there is no save button.
and why can't I setup the buses I want to use it only for the buses
I can program the Master..but not a Bus :-(
Mac Pro i7 3,4Ghz (Hackintosh)| OS X 10.12.6 | 16GB | 500GB SSD/2TB SATA | Interface: Audinst HUD-MX2 DAC | Mixbus 32c & Mixbus 4| Russell Cottier Mixbus Controller | OLLOaudio Play2Me Headphone System |
Hi,

Those videos convinced me to get both Mixbus 3.1 upgrade (from 2.5) and to purchase an X-Touch (that I received last week).

I have lots of questions but the main ones are :
1/ is there an option to make Mixbus tracks (in edit and mix window) to scroll automatically when changing banks of fader from the control surface ?
2/ when selecting a mixbus, I don't see how to control the drive pot (ex : selecting 1 mixbus + using button "track")
3/ same with the "master On/Off" switch
4/ I don't see any way for controlling the master fader channelstrip (drive, EQ, Comp), especially when using advanced monitoring feature (the master fader controls only the monitor level)

And as a quick Feedback :
- the ability to assign key bindings to the Control Surface's buttons is simply awesome
- the integration of channelstrip (input section, EQ and Comp, mixbus) directly from the control surface is great
- the ability to select track by type (audio, midi, mixbus, aux returns) is also very useful
but :
- adjusting sends level (not mixbus) is missing
- flip mode only works with mixbus sends (would be useful for pan automations, sends, etc...).
- the sends to mixbusses feature is cool on the video, but not very easy to use in practice (I don't detail here but this could be discuss, imho)

I also have some feature requests (about automation curves, etc) and crash reports but his should be discuss somewhere else, I think.

BTW, many thanks to Harrison for your hard work for Control surface support. It is not perfect yet, but very promising.
Computer 1 : Mac OSX.8.5 & Mac OSX.11.2
MacMini Core i7 @2,3GHz RAM 16GB System SSD / Audio HDD
Computer 2 : Mac OSX.9.5 & Mac OSX.11.3
MBP C2D @2,4GHz RAM 4GB System SSD / Audio HDD
Softwares : Mixbus v3.1, Pro Tools 10.3.10 & 12.4, VEP5.3.1
(03-11-2016, 04:30 AM)demozic Wrote: And as a quick Feedback :
- the ability to assign key bindings to the Control Surface's buttons is simply awesome
wow, I didn't know this is working. Because it still says "NOT implemented yet" in the Function Keys tab.

Thank you for the tip.
Mixbus32c, Mackie Onyx 1640, Neumann km1, WA 47 jr..MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, UA, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
(03-11-2016, 11:26 AM)Phil999 Wrote: wow, I didn't know this is working. Because it still says "NOT implemented yet" in the Function Keys tab.
I didn't know it was impossible so I did it Tongue !
Computer 1 : Mac OSX.8.5 & Mac OSX.11.2
MacMini Core i7 @2,3GHz RAM 16GB System SSD / Audio HDD
Computer 2 : Mac OSX.9.5 & Mac OSX.11.3
MBP C2D @2,4GHz RAM 4GB System SSD / Audio HDD
Softwares : Mixbus v3.1, Pro Tools 10.3.10 & 12.4, VEP5.3.1
(02-08-2016, 04:19 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Here are some videos that demonstrate various control protocols that were added in v3.1:

( there's one more video, showing setup for Mackie MCU devices, coming later this evening )

-Ben

I can't find the video showing setup for the Mackie MCU devices. I'd love to implement my MCU, its one extender, and companion C4 with Mixbus, Mixbus 32C, and some virtual instruments, plug-ins, etc. If I had that all working, I'd spend all of my time working with it. I don't yet have the latest Mixbus software versions, but would buy them in a heartbeat if I knew that I could quickly get all of this implemented.
Well, does the MCU video exist?
Yes, the setup for MCU and Behringer X-Touch are identical. ( they both use the MCU protocol )

The above-linked video playlist shows all the details:

I've edited my original post so it doesn't say "coming soon"
(06-02-2016, 09:36 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Yes, the setup for MCU and Behringer X-Touch are identical. ( they both use the MCU protocol )

The above-linked video playlist shows all the details:

I've edited my original post so it doesn't say "coming soon"

Thanks! I'll watch them all as soon as I can. I bought all of the products in the Mixbus software catalog, and am very much looking forward to bringing it all to life here.