Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Surface support in v3.1 (videos)
Hi to All :-) I am trying to configure SSL Matrix 2 as Mixbus 4 / mixbus 32C controller. I used to use Cubase 5 and it works GREAT with SSL but with Mixbus I'm dissapointed a bit. Can you help me? The point is that the SSL Matrix has its own application that recognises the DAW, whether its Cubase,Logic or ProTools. Choosing one of them from the list you configure most of shortcuts and DAW functions. There is no Mixbus on that list and perhaps that is the problem..I don't know.
SSL Matrix uses Mackie Control Protocol
(02-21-2018, 09:35 AM)Vai Wrote: Hi to All :-) I am trying to configure SSL Matrix 2 as Mixbus 4 / mixbus 32C controller. I used to use Cubase 5 and it works GREAT with SSL but with Mixbus I'm dissapointed a bit. Can you help me? The point is that the SSL Matrix has its own application that recognises the DAW, whether its Cubase,Logic or ProTools. Choosing one of them from the list you configure most of shortcuts and DAW functions. There is no Mixbus on that list and perhaps that is the problem..I don't know.
SSL Matrix uses Mackie Control Protocol

Don't know if it's an option or how well it will work, but you could try running the SSL app as "Studio One" or "Logic".

I use an Icon Qcon Pro X which has several different internal modes for different DAW's. Studio One mode seems to give me the best result.
Thank you Superb. Unfortunatly it doesn't work too good choosing the other DAW. Harrison mixbus is a great tool with many things created a bit diffrent to others,like 32c EQ or the channel compressor. The Controler needs to know how to operate them and how to name them on his own display for you to know which of pot or knob you're currently touchning. Also the transport doen't work neither the faders...
Ardour (which if you didn't already know, Mixbus is based on) has had support for the SSL Nucleus. They created a script that is loaded into the SSL. Don't know if the script would be compatible with your device.

http://manual.ardour.org/using-control-s...l-nucleus/
Yeah... I know but ... still doesn't work correctly. The SSL Matrix2 "sees" the Mixbus, faders rise up but they are not stable. They are still moving around and you can't stop them. Although the Mixbus faders on the screen go crazy. And that happens whatever protocol you chooce, wheter its Mackie Cotnrol, Steinberg or SSL Nucleus. Looking forward to see some Harrison Support team's advise.
Do post the solution when you get this solved.
Dear musicians, dear Mixbus users, hello everybody

I'm a new user of Harrison Mixbus 32C-4, but a old fashioned analog technician (1957) from Switzerland.

I've tried very hard to make working my "old" Mackie universal DAW controller (wich is a discontinued product) with Harrison Mixbus 32C-4

It works fine with SoundTrack Pro and the old FCP 7., but no way to make it working in Harrison Mixbus 32C-4

Does somebody know, or a idea what I have done wrong? Preferences etc. I have gone through it, but nothing happens.

Best regards and thanks for your cherished feedback
Harry
(03-29-2018, 01:44 AM)HaraldZindel Wrote: Dear musicians, dear Mixbus users, hello everybody

I'm a new user of Harrison Mixbus 32C-4, but a old fashioned analog technician (1957) from Switzerland.

I've tried very hard to make working my "old" Mackie universal DAW controller (wich is a discontinued product) with Harrison Mixbus 32C-4 ...

In what way is it not working? Not at all? Certain functions? Does Mixbus even recognize it as an available device?
Dear superb

Thanks for your feedback

After working on it, I've made it working. I forgot - by opening / creating a new session - to select "MIDI SYSTEM" e.g. "CoreMidi".
For sure a beginner(s) mistake.....smile.....

Everything works great. Now I try to find out, if I can "SCRUB" with the wheel. This function works , but without sound......

Best regards from rainy switzerland
Harry
Glad you figured it out. I don't believe the scrub function is currently working, at least it isn't for me, but I'm also using a different control surface.