Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Mixbus 3.0-3146 "Interim Release"
(01-30-2016, 08:11 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @smallbutfine: unlike normal "DAW" bus routing, Mixbus's routing is automatable. So you can (for example) turn a send to a delay on&off with automation.

For that reason, we have to assume that every track "can" send to a bus (whether it is right now or not ). So connecting a mixbus back to a track is interpreted as a potential feedback loop. Keep in mind that we aren't worried about "audible" feeedback, but rather the problem that a loop breaks the "graph" which is used to calculate time-alignment. If you make a loop, there's no correct answer for "how long should I delay this track to feed the buses and have it time-aligned?" That's why the audio stops, and the Feedback indicator lights up.

There is a special-case workaround, though. We -do- allow you to route the Master bus back to a track, for bounces. Maybe you can use that feature to solve your needs.

Best,
-Ben

Wow. thanks for the detailed information, Ben, very appreciated.
I understand the issue much better now i know the reasons that lead to this design decision.
Yes, now that i know i can find eventually another simple solution for recording live from the bus, like a file writing recording plugin after the bus fader or something similar, maybe drop that completely and get by with extensive use of the automation features and really just do bounces from Master bus only, which indeed is a very useful feature. I didn't test this because i thought it would be the same for all busses - dang!
Thanks for the great explanation!
(01-29-2016, 01:35 AM)brucerothwell Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 05:02 PM)novaburst Wrote: I feel all we need now is a monstrous mix from this DAW and grab the attention of the world haha was i going to far well not sure I............dont think so

Perhaps someone needs to remix the Thriller album on Mixbus.

;-)

Funny you should say that, I think the thriller album was mixed with the Harrison hardware console.

i have heard some nice mix on this forum and its kind of telling me its quite possible for MB3 to handle a thriller album
(02-01-2016, 02:52 PM)novaburst Wrote: Funny you should say that, I think the thriller album was mixed with the Harrison hardware console.

Yes it was mixed on a Harrison console details...
https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov09/a...wedien.htm
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-01-2016, 06:14 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 02:52 PM)novaburst Wrote: Funny you should say that, I think the thriller album was mixed with the Harrison hardware console.

Yes it was mixed on a Harrison console details...
https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov09/a...wedien.htm

Thanks for confirming, had a feeling this was the case.

nice pick .
Very nice update! Thank you!