Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low reactive graphics V10
Thanks Maux65 but it 's the same
If I understand correctly either I use Mixbus 32 C V7, or I wait for Harisson to correct a problem that is theirs. Knowing that since V8 water has flowed under the bridges.... that different versions of OS have seen the light of day but that nothing has changed.
In fact Harrison knows the fault but does not know how to correct it. I'm hallucinating!
(04-23-2024, 02:44 AM)Tzadik Wrote: Thanks Maux65 but it 's the same
If I understand correctly either I use Mixbus 32 C V7, or I wait for Harisson to correct a problem that is theirs. Knowing that since V8 water has flowed under the bridges.... that different versions of OS have seen the light of day but that nothing has changed.
In fact Harrison knows the fault but does not know how to correct it. I'm hallucinating!

Since I have other software that also does not recommend Sonoma (Superior Drummer 3 for instance has memory issues with it still, and my control surfaces don't support it iether), I just stay at Ventura and enjoy graphics that are in time with the music.

I understand your dismay, but since you have been presented with a possible working solution that works for others, I ask you to ask yourself this:
Since Ventura is releasing bug fixes and security updates in parallel with Sonoma, therefor completely supported, what new features of Sonoma do you find you are unable to run your studio computer without?

I know you find it hard to believe it is so hard to get something so simple to work.
But imagine if you were the one to be programming this monster!
The graphics of the mix screen are HUGE, and I would bet they are even in the background in memory when in the edit or record windows as well.
No other DAW has such a full rich and detailed, animated mixer surface screen as MB does.
I get the feeling that they would/will have to re-design it with a different underlying set of technologies to get it to work with the changes that have come with the OS.
It isn't just a matter of finding the one line of code that needs to be tweaked to magically fix it, and work would have to come to a stop on other features and fixes to re-design the underlying graphics part of the program.
But I could be wrong! Smile

I did NOT want to go back down to Ventura, believe me!
I am a update NOW kinda guy, but there were just too many recording apps that all said they were not ready that convinced me to go back down.
And since I did, it all happily works.
I had to move my energy from fighting what I couldn't control, to working with what does work, and realizing I am missing nothing.
I can't believe that some of the OS updates from Apple consist of nothing much more than new emojis being added!

I bet that the graphics lag issue is a huge thorn in their side, and they would like nothing better than to be able to claim success on fixing it.

I hope you can get your system re-loaded with Ventura, and start enjoying working with MB.
Don't worry, OS 15 will break the recording community again soon!
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Good general remark and I agree with you in broad terms, but in this case it would be more than correct to warn potential users that Sonoma for the moment is problematic.
I know we're supposed to know that...
Given the complexity of the monster as you say.. No blame right?
In addition, Stephan suggests that he has had problems since V8. That is to say before the arrival of Sonoma if I'm not mistaken.
Stephan can you confirm?
As for updates, I'm not that attached to them, the Mac is a nomadic workstation which allows me to listen again in another context, most of the mixing being done on a PC at home. I admit that I didn't think I would be bothered by this problem.
Thank you all for your responses anyway
(04-23-2024, 11:19 AM)Tzadik Wrote: Good general remark and I agree with you in broad terms, but in this case it would be more than correct to warn potential users that Sonoma for the moment is problematic.
I know we're supposed to know that...
Given the complexity of the monster as you say.. No blame right?
In addition, Stephan suggests that he has had problems since V8. That is to say before the arrival of Sonoma if I'm not mistaken.
Stephan can you confirm?
As for updates, I'm not that attached to them, the Mac is a nomadic workstation which allows me to listen again in another context, most of the mixing being done on a PC at home. I admit that I didn't think I would be bothered by this problem.
Thank you all for your responses anyway

I have had all the MB versions since 6 I believe, and never had the graphics issue where it lagged like this till Sonoma hit with MB 9.

There was a play head jerkyness issue that reared its head a while back, but that got worked out.

Warning users would certainly be nice, but that is where the beta program comes in, because the developers cant have every model machine and every OS ver on each of those machines and test fully on every possible scenario. 

I think with AI, maybe we can get some sort of AI model that would put the software through complete hardware emulation virtual machines with virtual hardware monitors and such that would be able to sus out potential issues.

Not trying to say there isn't any blame, just trying to find a balance of what I can live with and tolerate, and be happy.
But it is why I volunteer to be in beta programs, because I do want to help get things "right", especially when I am really enthusiastic with using the product.
If I get disappointed with a product I use, I ask what I can do to help, let me break my system in order to find a fix for everyone.

I see a M3 or M4 Mac Studio in my future, and I bet that will only go down to OS 15 when it comes out.
Most likely, my recording setup wont work fully with it. But I am sure willing to give it a go!
With my interfaces(thunderbolt), controllers, etc,. I imagine I would need some nice thunderbolt KVM solution so I can go back and forth.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders