Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocksolidaudio Micro 4K
I have come up with a midi map for the Micro 4k  that I use to edit EQ, Compressor and Gate controls. This is an SSL channel strip layout modified for 32C. The functionality is somewhat limited on the Comp/ Gate controls due to a lack of encoders for all of the functions but the "most used" controls are mapped. I use a Faderport 16 to handle the Faders, Sends, plugins and whatever the Micro 4K can't. If anyone can add more functionality to this midi map please do. Special thanks to aguyinnyc and allank for laying the groundwork for me to work from. Change the file extension from *.txt to *.map and then drop into the midi_maps folder in Mixbus (I found it in program files/mixbus32c-9/share/ardour9/midi_maps folder).  I'm not familiar with a Mac so I can't help you there. This was written for Mixbus 32C v9. It won't work fully without changes for earlier versions of Mixbus. I'm using the latest version of RA Control for the Micro 4K which you can get from Rocksolid Audio's website. They're planning a new release of that software in a few weeks so this may need updating(or hopefully not needed at all!). Create a Generic folder, a generic mapping and set all control/button types to absolute and the midi channel to 16, then save. I mapped all controls to correspond with the labels on the controller - not the screen. You can go into the file and change those to your liking but I prefer to not stare at the screen all the time. Pay attention to where the Attack controls are mapped to. I used the HMF Q control for compressor attack and the LMF Q control for the Gate attack function. Check out Rocksolid Audio's videos on setting up RA Control. Unfortunately, the plugin wrapper feature is not available at this time. You should be good to go!

Attached Files
.txt   Rocksolid Audio Micro 4K.txt (Size: 3.06 KB / Downloads: 4)
It would be nice if those things had the lights around the knobs to show the current settings as you select from track to track.

Keep us updated on this.
I would love something like this that maps directly to the built in channel strips, and even more so if it doesn't require any middleware.

I contacted RA on this a few weeks ago, and they said it didn't work with the built in channel strips:
"It's works with plugins in a separate window. But not the elements in the mail daw channel"
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.6
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-08-2024, 09:01 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: It would be nice if those things had the lights around the knobs to show the current settings as you select from track to track.

Keep us updated on this.
I would love something like this that maps directly to the built in channel strips, and even more so if it doesn't require any middleware.

I contacted RA on this a few weeks ago, and they said it didn't work with the built in channel strips:
"It's works with plugins in a separate window. But not the elements in the mail daw channel"

Well it does work well with the channel strips. Mapping plugins is tedious work and not as easy in Mixbus as you can't use the plugin GUI to map to. Since I use few external plugins with Mixbus 32c, I am happy to use the Faderport 16 for that task when needed. Hopefully the new version of RA Control will have the plugin wrapper which is similar to what the SSL 360 link does. If you want lights it will cost you about $500 dollars more  Confused
(04-08-2024, 10:26 PM)grandude1 Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 09:01 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: It would be nice if those things had the lights around the knobs to show the current settings as you select from track to track.

Keep us updated on this.

Well it does work well with the channel strips. Mapping plugins is tedious work and not as easy in Mixbus as you can't use the plugin GUI to map to. Since I use few external plugins with Mixbus 32c, I am happy to use the Faderport 16 for that task when needed. Hopefully the new version of RA Control will have the plugin wrapper which is similar to what the SSL 360 link does. If you want lights it will cost you about $500 dollars more  Confused

What product is that for 500 more?
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.6
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-08-2024, 11:15 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 10:26 PM)grandude1 Wrote:

Keep us updated on this.

What product is that for 500 more?

The SSL UC-1 which is a beautiful piece of gear. @ $799 vs $325 for the Micro 4k.