Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v9.1.324 now available!
"Remove Sources"  removes only a text reference inside the session snapshot file;  the resulting space savings is negligible and (as nathan mentioned) there were a few rare cases where the Source was incorrectly thought to be unused, and then it prevented the session from opening when a region re-appeared (from un-combine, or certain other operations) and its corresponding Source text was no longer listed in the file.

While it seemed like a good idea (for neatness of the session snapshot file's contents) ... we determined that there is no user-benefit to providing that menu item, so it was removed.

-Ben

EDIT:  For those who need this feature, you can recover it with these steps:

Navigate to your Mixbus application folder and find the "ardour.menus" file inside.  On Mac, you have to right-click the Mixbus32C-9 application and choose "Show Package Contents",  then navigate to Contents/Resources.

In Windows, you'll find the application under "Program Files", and navigate inside that folder to find the ardour.menus file.

Replace the ardour.menus file with this one:  https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...dour.menus

... and upon restarting Mixbus you should find that the "Remove Unused Sources" feature is reinstated.
This option is basic for slimming down projects once they have been edited. It would be nice if it could be selected in the preferences menu, in my case we work like the old school, recording and selecting the best takes, many tracks and all audio. It has never given me any problems, quite the opposite. Regards
(07-18-2023, 04:07 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: "Remove Sources"  removes only a text reference inside the session snapshot file;  the resulting space savings is negligible and (as nathan mentioned) there were a few rare cases where the Source was incorrectly thought to be unused, and then it prevented the session from opening when a region re-appeared (from un-combine, or certain other operations) and its corresponding Source text was no longer listed in the file.

While it seemed like a good idea (for neatness of the session snapshot file's contents) ... we determined that there is no user-benefit to providing that menu item, so it was removed.

-Ben

ok Ben, I'll try again and let you know
9.1.321 results. every time i try to close the monitoring strip the program crashes. 

Attempted both  types of functions mentioned in the manual.

Update this also happens on my Mac. It is consistent and happens every time i try to close the monitoring strip to the right of the main bus. another anomaly is that when i solo a track i hear the other tracks. They are a little bit lower in volume i wonder is this related to the monitor strip issue and i am hearing from there i stared at every knob and button but to no avail! i have no busses engaged and no FX in play yet just 7 raw audio tracks. Imported into a new session. I can't move forward with the project until i get a clean set of stems. Maybe this will help the mute buttons work as expected. Mute all tracks and turn them on one at a time and that works no bleed no issue. It seems to be related to the solo buttons.
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
(07-18-2023, 06:02 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: 9.1.321 results. every time i try to close the monitoring strip the program crashes. 

Attempted both  types of functions mentioned in the manual.
Correct, removing the Monitor strip will crash in versions .321 and .324, this issue has been fixed there should be an updated release pretty soon.
You can show/hide the Monitor strip using the Monitor> tab at top of the Master strip.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo, I tried that, but that crashes the program as well. By the way i fixed the solo mute issue by turning off sip in the monitor strip.
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
(07-18-2023, 07:23 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: Thanks Dingo, I tried that, but that crashes the program as well.  By the way i fixed the solo mute issue by turning off sip in the monitor strip.
OK I am running version 32C v9.1.324 on macOS (tested ARM and Intel versions) and am not crashing when hiding/showing the Monitor strip from the Master Strip.
You can download .324 at no cost (press the free demo button) from the Harrison Store and that should clear the show/hide issue.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Again thanks for your expertise. I am running 9.1.324 (not .321) my bad sorry for not being clear. I am running on Mac OS 10,13 high sierra on an older Mac mini. I have added 16 gig of ram and a new SSD 1 TB drive it runs pretty darn smooth I did find a way to hide it, but could not tell if you pointed a gun at me.
(07-18-2023, 04:07 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: "Remove Sources"  removes only a text reference inside the session snapshot file;  the resulting space savings is negligible and (as nathan mentioned) there were a few rare cases where the Source was incorrectly thought to be unused, and then it prevented the session from opening when a region re-appeared (from un-combine, or certain other operations) and its corresponding Source text was no longer listed in the file.

-Ben

Hi Ben,
This function is definitely very necessary for my way of working, it really lightens up the projects by deleting unnecessary audio files when I have finished editing. Sometimes we talk about many gigabytes, since I do the whole process with Mixbus, from recording to mastering, it has never given me unwanted deletion problems, I have been a user since version 2.0. I've tried doing the same with the surviving option "Clean-up Unused Regions" but it doesn't do anything about it. Would it be possible that it could be activated as an option from preferences for those of us who need this functionality?
Another question, is there a way to access previous versions of the Mixbus installers? Since I don't have these and I'm considering installing a previous version that includes this option.
Greetings
No more crashes now everything is working smooth. Just completed a song for a friend and it sounds incredible. Tracked the same stems in Reaper and it was not as good.