Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.151 update now available!
(02-04-2023, 08:42 AM)Stephan S Wrote: 8.2.154 is online and nobody tells?

8.2.155 comes with the mail link and not a single word about the version changes ?
(02-10-2023, 03:30 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 02:34 PM)arthie Wrote: So due to the IK Studo Max Bundel discount this one got me. A hughe amount of their PlugINs are not usable in Mixbus, either that scaling thing lots of people mentioned or even worse, when loading specific plugins Mixbus just crashes. Unfortunately you have to figure out which one crash, e.g. reverbs are bitchy, the two included do not work, while the stone room does work, but you have to purchase it seperately. I don't have troubles with PluginAlliance Plugs, just with the IK plugins. Anyone had same issues and started a list of Plugins which crash? Would be much aprechiated. meanwhile I will have to do screenshot every step I do as the sessions are not usable after that crash (just with str while loadingit and after that step I had to restart mixing ever since, because I was not able to activate the plugIns in use after deleting the crash-dude).

just curious if some things that crash for some, and not for others, if buffer settings could be involved?
I am all about as small a buffer as possible, and that has been a gotcha for a couple things.
What happens if you load the same plugins, but with high buffer settings?
What are you working at now?
No idea if it is an issue, but certainly worth looking at.

Hei Jeff,

you seam to have an actual point there. So with 512 buffer everything crashes down. with 2024 it is not crashing. Thats okay for mixing and will probably be my new goto buffer while mixing, but for recording I will not use some of the plugins as long as they are so badly supported..

Thank you for pointing me on that one.
Best
Arne

Edit: but Mic Room from IK is even not worling in 2024 Samples buffer.. just freezing the whole system
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(02-12-2023, 08:08 AM)arthie Wrote: Mic Room from IK is even not worling in 2024 Samples buffer.. just freezing the whole system

You might not be able to see the post (it's in the Beta tester's forum..) but Dingo mentioned that another IK plugin (Amplitude 5) is slowing MB down massively on his system - so maybe there's a problem with IK plugins generally  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
yep that seams to be the case. And in addition generally between mixbus and win11 or between mixbus and Gen12 Intel CPU. Can't figure that one out.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(02-12-2023, 10:07 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 08:08 AM)arthie Wrote: Mic Room from IK is even not worling in 2024 Samples buffer.. just freezing the whole system

You might not be able to see the post (it's in the Beta tester's forum..) but Dingo mentioned that another IK plugin (Amplitude 5) is slowing MB down massively on his system - so maybe there's a problem with IK plugins generally  Sad

I am having slow UI issues with VST3 only IK Amplitude5 (bad) and MODO Bass (moderate).
Tested IK Mic Room and it is not an issue on my system.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Is Amplitude the same as Amplitube ? I found a dedicated IK Multimedia forum with reports about slow operation on Windows - even in the standalone version!

And though it's probably not relevant when running on Mac, there are other reports about anti-virus programmes preventing Amplitube 5 from saving its settings - which I guess could be another source of slowness...

Has anyone been able to try these plugins in some other DAW?
Any official word about version 8.2.155 ???
Sorry johne53, typo repeated by copy paste.... Amplitube...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Tanks Dingo... BTW - I just noticed your profile and it looks like you've ProTools available there. Do you have any of the helper apps which allow it to run VST plugins? It'd be interesting t know if those troublesome ones are any better in PT...