Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.151 update now available!
I cant get Past 8.2.66 ,Everything else hangs at setup Editor

Windows 11
Ryzen 5 5 5600x
Geforce GT 710
32 GIG RAM
Samsung NVME 500 GIG
I went as far as clearing the drive of all Old files, once that didnt work reloaded the OS
;"
(02-10-2023, 06:56 AM)joeaudioguy Wrote: I cant get Past 8.2.66 ,Everything else hangs at setup Editor

First thing to try is probably opening the session in Safe Mode. Select whichever session you want to open and then press the Ctrl key while you click the MB Open button.

Or if you're an old-school Windows user you'll probably remember how to launch a DOS style terminal window. Using the cd command you can then navigate to Mixbus's install folder and run it from the command line. With any luck it might then show you some error message whenever the hang occurs.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(02-10-2023, 07:28 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 06:56 AM)joeaudioguy Wrote: I cant get Past 8.2.66 ,Everything else hangs at setup Editor

First thing to try is probably opening the session in Safe Mode. Select whichever session you want to open and then press the Ctrl key while you click the MB Open button.

Or if you're an old-school Windows user you'll probably remember how to launch a DOS style terminal window. Using the cd command you can then navigate to Mixbus's install folder and run it from the command line. With any luck it might then show you some error message whenever the hang 
(02-10-2023, 11:33 AM)joeaudioguy Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 07:28 AM)johne53 Wrote:

Or if you're an old-school Windows user you'll probably remember how to launch a DOS style terminal window. Using the cd command you can then navigate to Mixbus's install folder and run it from the command line. With any luck it might then show you some error message whenever the hang 
Old school indeed! Opens in safemode. only thing I notice under command is  : (Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Mixbus32C to 2048 open files . ARDOUR_CONFIG_PATH not set in environment ) 

(Mixbus32C.exe caused an Access Violation at location 00007FFC8B5E9689 in module msvcrt.dll Reading from location 0000000021812000. this was in the crash file )
Those INFO messages are normal so no need to worry. The main thing about Safe Mode is that it loads Mixbus without loading plugins so my guess would either be that you've got a dodgy plugin or maybe a corrupted plugin data file (although I wouldn't expect plugin data to be affecting more than one session).
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
So due to the IK Studo Max Bundel discount this one got me. A hughe amount of their PlugINs are not usable in Mixbus, either that scaling thing lots of people mentioned or even worse, when loading specific plugins Mixbus just crashes. Unfortunately you have to figure out which one crash, e.g. reverbs are bitchy, the two included do not work, while the stone room does work, but you have to purchase it seperately. I don't have troubles with PluginAlliance Plugs, just with the IK plugins. Anyone had same issues and started a list of Plugins which crash? Would be much aprechiated. meanwhile I will have to do screenshot every step I do as the sessions are not usable after that crash (just with str while loadingit and after that step I had to restart mixing ever since, because I was not able to activate the plugIns in use after deleting the crash-dude).
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
I have removed every plugin in the session. the same thing happens so I am mimicing safemode so to speak and neither will give me a free pass lol
(02-10-2023, 02:34 PM)arthie Wrote: So due to the IK Studo Max Bundel discount this one got me. A hughe amount of their PlugINs are not usable in Mixbus, either that scaling thing lots of people mentioned or even worse, when loading specific plugins Mixbus just crashes. Unfortunately you have to figure out which one crash, e.g. reverbs are bitchy, the two included do not work, while the stone room does work, but you have to purchase it seperately. I don't have troubles with PluginAlliance Plugs, just with the IK plugins. Anyone had same issues and started a list of Plugins which crash? Would be much aprechiated. meanwhile I will have to do screenshot every step I do as the sessions are not usable after that crash (just with str while loadingit and after that step I had to restart mixing ever since, because I was not able to activate the plugIns in use after deleting the crash-dude).

just curious if some things that crash for some, and not for others, if buffer settings could be involved?
I am all about as small a buffer as possible, and that has been a gotcha for a couple things.
What happens if you load the same plugins, but with high buffer settings?
What are you working at now?
No idea if it is an issue, but certainly worth looking at.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 14.5
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
This is part of the reason I thought mixbus should include all those plugins with 32c for free because mixbus is a mixed bag when it comes to third party plugins. Even with me some plugins don’t even save their settings and when I open up a session it’s different. It does make me feel paranoid at times going over my plugins to see if they are the same, I shouldn’t have to. To compensate for alot of these issues it would of been nine if mixbus included all their XT plugins at least. Mixbus is great but not always great for third party plugins. Just my opinion.
(02-10-2023, 05:37 PM)Skyking11 Wrote: This is part of the reason I thought mixbus should include all those plugins with 32c for free because mixbus is a mixed bag when it comes to third party plugins. Even with me some plugins don’t even save their settings and when I open up a session it’s different. It does make me feel paranoid at times going over my plugins to see if they are the same, I shouldn’t have to. To compensate for alot of these issues it would of been nine if mixbus included all their XT plugins at least. Mixbus is great but not always great for third party plugins. Just my opinion.

I second your concerns about plugins reliability.