Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C : UPDATE v8.1.376
Rainbow 
(09-02-2022, 12:35 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: Are you referring to the editor window etc or a plugin window?  The window size is a known issue and will be fixed in 8.2

Yes, the MB window (editor...) when the sesson is opened. Plugin window all right here.

As to the new reminder that a new version is obtainable when opening for example V6, and the box is animated widening might be forgotten and just opening without widening as it used to be.
Is is funny after choosing the session I have to follow the open button with the mouse as a hunt dog to catch it and click onSmile or wait till the animating show is finished.
thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Possibly a bit annoying and kludgy but I'm finding the following...

Usually I work with my Editor window attached and my Mixer window detached. But if I swap them the opposite way around (Mixer attached and Editor detached) I don't see the problem. Might be useful as a temporary workaround until ver 8.2 arrives.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(09-02-2022, 12:35 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: Are you referring to the editor window etc or a plugin window?  The window size is a known issue and will be fixed in 8.2

There is a way to fix this, is it a Mac OS issue or Harrison code that needs to be addressed
Not exporting mixer screenshot only loudness repport wil show up after it’s checked in preferences,
V.7.2 does it ?
Windows pro 10 ,Intel i9 CPU 10900k,32GB RAM,500 GB C Samsung 970 m2,1000 GB D 970 m2,RME Fireface  802 FS ,Yamaha NS 10 m,Dynaudio Bm5mklll,Icon Qcon pro G2,PT HD 12,5 HMB 32C V. 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 pro
Now that Ardour 7 is official, I'm on the edge of my seat for what 8.2 bring!
Congrats and thanks Ben on the release of Ardour 7! Smile
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(10-17-2022, 11:54 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: Now that Ardour 7 is official, I'm on the edge of my seat for what 8.2 bring!

I feel exactly the same way.
I keep checking the forum all the time, hoping for a new update with the news and bugfixes from Ardour 7 implemented.
Really looking forward to it! Rolleyes
(10-19-2022, 02:39 AM)krans Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 11:54 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: Now that Ardour 7 is official, I'm on the edge of my seat for what 8.2 bring!

I feel exactly the same way.
I keep checking the forum all the time, hoping for a new update with the news and bugfixes from Ardour 7 implemented.
Really looking forward to it! Rolleyes

Most of what you see in Ardour 7 now is already in Mixbus 8.1.   There will be a few more fixes and features in 8.2 but not anything drastic.  Lots of work has been sweated over this year and Harrison is proud of the results.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(10-19-2022, 03:23 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: Most of what you see in Ardour 7 now is already in Mixbus 8.1.   There will be a few more fixes and features in 8.2 but not anything drastic.  Lots of work has been sweated over this year and Harrison is proud of the results.
Hmmm, does Surround Sound fit into the "new feature but nothing drastic" category I wonder...it'd be a game changer for me but maybe Harrison don't consider it a big deal > I will be very disappointed (and stick with version 7) if it's not included in the next update.
@Scardanelli - it looks like you're active in both video production and also musical theatre. Would you be needing surround sound for both? Or only for the video stuff?

Also (a heads-up...) if I click on your vi-vid link, my browser tells me the site is trying to install a virus  Dodgy
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(10-20-2022, 03:25 AM)Scardanelli Wrote: Hmmm, does Surround Sound fit into the "new feature but nothing drastic" category I wonder...it'd be a game changer for me but maybe Harrison don't consider it a big deal > I will be very disappointed (and stick with version 7) if it's not included in the next update.

Oh dear.
I'm pretty sure you will be very disappointed and stick with version 7. Confused

My threshold to satisfaction is luckily a tad lower. To be honest, I'll be happy just to have MB32C open in fullscreen again, and to be able to stack audio regions on top of eachother (without deleting what's underneath).
Two issues I'm pretty certain are solved in the next version.

And I do actually think there could be some more nice features there as well. Maybe Ardour's new download manager for content?
Maybe MIDI regions being able to switch between transparent/opaque?
Who knows?
(well, Nathan does)