Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus Lua API Code Completion Extension for VS Code
Hi All,

I created an extension for Visual Studio Code, which adds IntelliSense features for Mixbus/Ardour Lua scripts. The extension uses Sumneko's Lua Language Server with EmmyLua annotations. The EmmyLua annotations are automatically generated by web-scraping the Lua Bindings Class Reference.

Here is a video on how to install and use the extension: youtu.be/qkhn3YHdFV4
(01-24-2022, 04:15 PM)Grigor Iliev Wrote: Hi All,

I created an extension for Visual Studio Code, which adds IntelliSense features for Mixbus/Ardour Lua scripts. The extension uses Sumneko's Lua Language Server with EmmyLua annotations. The EmmyLua annotations are automatically generated by web-scraping the Lua Bindings Class Reference.

Here is a video on how to install and use the extension: youtu.be/qkhn3YHdFV4

Thank you
macbook pro 2015
version 10.14.6
Attached is an updated file for the extension to use, generated from the current version of the Ardour manual's Lua Bindings Class Reference. I.e. It brings the extension's IntelliSense up to date with any classes, functions, function signatures, etc. that have changed since the extension was written.

For me, on Linux, it lives in this folder: ~/.vscode/extensions/grigor-iliev.ardour-lua-api-0.0.1/api/6.x

It was generated using Grigor's Java tool ardour-emmy-lua-tools that is mentioned in Grigor's thread on this subject in the Ardour forum (that thread is now closed).

Thanks again Grigor. This extension is brilliant.

Attached Files
.lua   ardour.lua (Size: 560.17 KB / Downloads: 0)
Would it solve my "Marker to Mixerscene" M1 crash problem?
Can someone point me to the Mac location for it?
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com
This helps when writing Lua script for Ardour/Mixbus. It changes how the script editor tool behaves, VS Code in this case, not how scripts behave. So no, it won't fix any script problems.