Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.184 now available!
Our store has been updated with a new software update for Mixbus and Mixbus32C:  version 8.2.184

Due to high download volume, we use the FastSpring download service to provide you with localized, fast downloads of the Mixbus software.  You will be prompted for your email address and area-code so FastSpring can provide you a fast download link.

Mixbus software installer: https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...us-v8-demo

Mixbus32C software installer: https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...2c-v8-demo

There is no charge for this software update.  If you have a v8 license, then the new software will find your license file without needing any steps to re-authorize it.  If you do not have a license, you may choose to update to the newest software, but it will continue to work in 'demo' mode.

8.2.184 includes these improvements since 8.2.170:
  • Fixed a deadlock in VST3 plugins when recalling a preset from right-click context menu
  • Fixed a problem with some VST3 plugins that did not recall their settings (this bug was introduced in 8.2.170)
  • Improved the behavior of drawing new notes when a track is set to 'percussive' mode
  • Improved the behavior when dragging automation control points on a MIDI track.  After a drag, it was necessary to zoom out&in to see the actual location of the control-point.  This has been fixed.
As always, feel free to write us (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) with your thoughts on this new update!

Best Regards,
-Ben Loftis
Harrison Mixbus product manager
Thanks for the new version.

Quote:Fixed a problem with some VST3 plugins that did not recall their settings (this bug was introduced in 8.2.170)

SynthMaster 2, SynthMaster One, and VCV Rack still do not recall settings correctly.
OS is Windows 11.
Thanks!,

In my case, after this update on Win10, it seems the presets are kept, both in Surge XT and SynthMaster 2.
The Gods have spoken !!! Thank you for the VST3 FIX That I only needed for the firechild plugin by Tone Empire ;"
Great!
All u-he plugins I've tested seem to work just perfectly. Thank you so much!
my VST 3 of t-racks still doesnt save settings, but I jsut use AU on Mac OS instead and its fine, I at times have a buggy plugin and when using another plugin version format it will work.
im still having blurry text on Mac OS, is I may have to stay on 8.1.
8.1 has been solid man but I do need the ability to save resources by killing GUI resources when plugins are not open, its hard to use the latest versions. where I sit from my screen its been very blurry, I dont want to hurt my eyes, text were already small but the fact it was more clear but now its been blur, I really feel like mixbus is not good to use on Mac OS, but I hate windows but dont have a linux machine. I just want things to just work.
I also been having this weird issue on 8.1 and on this update where I use the routing to sidechain a plugin to a mixbus and I hear distorted audio, I would also hear distortions playing audio samples in the import section when trying to listen to audio files before adding them in the session, and also when auditioning sounds, mixbus is very buggy but I still like the workflow lol
I wonder when v9 will be out.
@Skyking11: it is certainly not normal to hear distortions in audio samples while auditioning them. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 'sidechaining a plugin to a mixbus', but assuming you mean you are feeding signal to a plugin's sidechain, on a mixbus, that should work fine too. Perhaps start a separate thread for those issues, and we can try to troubleshoot.

Regarding v9, work is nearing completion! We are returning our focus to the 'mixer' for this release. We haven't made significant updates to the sound or look of the mixer in a few years, so this is going to be a huge update.

-Ben