Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change multiple settings simultaneously
Hi, I´m relatively new to Mixbus, have been on most of all the other well known DAWs for about 15 years. I think I have found my favorite one in Mixbus 32c finally. 
It may not offer that much of bells and whistles like other DAWs, but, man, this thing sounds so good! 
Anyway, I still cannot find a way to change multiple settings simultaneously, besides the grouped settings. 
For example I cannot find a way to even change the Pan settings on multiple mixer channels at the same time. 
In Pro Tools and Cubase we used to have Shift+Option+...(using the mouse or typing in a value), 
in Logic and Studio One you just can select the channels and change any settings on the selected channels simultaneously even without any extra key shortcuts, 
just by using the mouse/cursor on one of the selected channels. 
How is this done in Mixbus 32c? Or is this particular option not available in Mixbus? 
After having tried all I could imagine and also searching the web without any success, you are my last hope to get this simple question answered. 
Thanks in advance.
Bump! 
No one? Really?
you'll need a VCA I think.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Many thanx for your reply.
I‘ll certainly give it a try but I‘m not sure if this will be the function I‘m looking for in MB.
It‘s more the option to „quick-link“ (as they call it in Cubase) multiple settings on multiple channels
and change it all at once by changing it on one of the selected channels.
Like, if I want to increase the Trim-settings on 8 channels at once or change the input/output settings on 8 channels simultaneously etc.
I think this cannot be done by just setting up a VCA for these 8 channels for example.
Like mentioned in my prior posting in Pro Tools you had to hold Shift+Option+...make the desired changes on one of the selected channels to change it on all channels simultaneously.
In Logic it was even easier as you only had to select the desired channels and every change you made on any setting on one of these channels were translated to all the others which were selected at this time.
Coming from these other DAWs I‘m just used to do this on a regular basis when I import multiple tracks from other projects.
Unfortunately I could not find any shortcut or any description for such a function in Mixbus.
Honestly, I just want to know if it‘s me who is missing something or if there simply is no such function in Mixbus and I can stop searching for it ?.
Thanks again for your reply though.
@Warevo -
MB/MB32C allows you to affect a lot of changes to processor parameters by first selecting multiple channel strips.
However, this list is not all inclusive. That is, I can't recall PAN being one of them. I'm not in front of MB right now
and probably won't be for a day or two, so I can't check.
At this point in MB/MB32C I'm going to guess that if certain parameters do not respond to a multi-selection, then
either the Marketing, Developers or Users have not foreseen it as something to add yet, or, it might not be something
that is easily implemented in the currently processing engine.
Your selection of a topic for this thread is a good eye-catcher and I'm sure you will get more feedback over then
next few days/weeks. In the meantime, why not play around with MB/MB32C and create a list of those features
that you find that don't change in a multi-selection and post them?
Cheers!
Patrick
P.S. - A VCA will not help you in this case.
Patrick, thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
As mentioned before I have not been for a long time on MB/MB32c yet but I really love its sound quality
which at the end of the day is more important to me than some extra features.
I still have some of the other DAWs on my system as well for situations where MB32c cannot offer what
I need for particular applications.
From my experience with Pro Tools, Logic, Studio One I have tried a couple of things in regards to
changing parameters on multiple selected channel strips but I have to admit that I still have not really found
any options beyond the ones offered for grouped tracks/grouped channels.
So I thought there could be some key shortcuts or a particular setting in the preferences but I have not seen that yet.  
I was hoping that someone more experienced with MB could tell me if there is such a key shortcut or whatever
I would have to set up to make this work. Or, at least tell me that you simply cannot do that in MB which would
be ok as well because then I could stop searching for it.
And I of course understand if the particular software-architecture of MB will not allow to implement such a function
easily. MB is kind of different for sure and that is what it makes it outstanding in its sound quality. I appreciate that. 
I just really wanted to be sure to not oversee or miss something because if this was the "problem" it could easily be solved. 
By the way its a good idea to create a list of the features which would be nice to have being changeable in a multi-
selection because its something that definitely enhances the overall workflow in the long run. 
We´ll see. 

Thanks again for taking time and your reply.

Cheers!
as far as I understand (and I am not a pro mixbus user and just some projects into it, formerly proTools), Mixbus has the concept of an old analog console and there you would turn every knob for trim, input and so on manually on every track on its own. Or you had one with VCAs and could do "some" control for more than one track with that VCA. Question after all is: "Bug or feature". And yes sometime one may think that another way is more efficient, but on the other hand doing it the " old" way leads perhaps to the "old sounding" results we all love..
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(03-04-2021, 09:12 AM)Warevo Wrote: Anyway, I still cannot find a way to change multiple settings simultaneously, besides the grouped settings. 
For example I cannot find a way to even change the Pan settings on multiple mixer channels at the same time. 
In Pro Tools and Cubase we used to have Shift+Option+...(using the mouse or typing in a value), 
in Logic and Studio One you just can select the channels and change any settings on the selected channels simultaneously even without any extra key shortcuts, just by using the mouse/cursor on one of the selected channels. 
How is this done in Mixbus 32c? Or is this particular option not available in Mixbus? 
Hi Wavero, interlocked / ganged panning and EQ controls are not yet implemented in Mixbus, but those kind of global features exist in Harrison's Enterprise Consoles and I believe they are on the road map for future development.
Grouping Channels will allow for ganged Fader and Assign control.
To copy an EQ or Dynamic, just drag and drop the stub from one channel to the next.
Plugins can also be dragged and dropped from one channel to another.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Arthie, Dingo, thank you very much for your replies.
And, yeah, the beautiful sound and the intuitive workflow of MB are worth to have to do some things manually
which could be done more efficiently by the software itself.
I just noticed it being kind of cumbersome to have to adjust all the in/outs and the trim adjustments for example manually
on multiple tracks/channels after having imported a bunch of sessions from other DAWs because I was just used to get this
done by a few clicks in other DAWs.
And I finally was hoping to have just missed or overseen the dedicated key shortcuts or preference settings. 
I´m glad that I now can stop searching for this particular function. It was kind of driving me crazy...
Anyway I love my MB32c and I look forward to doing a lot of nice things with it in the future.
Thanks for all your useful information!
Hello @Warevo,

Not sure but this kind of inborne user tools may be of some interest for your use, here in the LUA section of this forum for instance:
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...m#pid49074
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR