Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Plugins Crash
I recently upgraded my computer from Dell Vostro 260 (i3), to a Dell Optiplex 9020 (i7). I removed the hard drive (Windows 10) from the old computer and installed it in the new one. On the Optiplex, Mixbus 6 seemed to be working fine until I tried to add XT-VC Vocal Character plugin. The GUI for the plugin never finished opening and Mixbus crashed. I tried rebooting, but same result. Also tried other plugins, G-Verb, Bass Character, EQ, I did not try all of them but none of the XT plugins I tried would open, all would crash the program. UAD-2, ACE, Insipirata, and many other plugins work fine though. So far the only other plugin I've found besides the XT's, that will not work, is GSi Varispeed. So it is not only the Harrison plugins that are having trouble. All these plugins worked great on the old Vostro 260, but something about the new box that some plugins do not like!
Help!

I tested the plugins in Mixbus 6 on the new machine, Optiplex 9020, from drive running a Linux OS
and all the plugins work great. So it's something only Windows does not like about the new box.
Did you not install Windows freshly on the new machine?
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

No, the new machine has the old drive.

Everything works the same as it did on the old machine except now some of the plugins will crash mixbus upon their opening.
Firstly I know zip about Windows after XP but this article seems to sum it up well.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@ndan -

Did you install the latest video drivers for your Optiplex?

Cheers!
Patrick
(03-04-2021, 08:20 AM)PBuryk Wrote: @ndan -

Did you install the latest video drivers for your Optiplex?

Cheers!
Patrick

Thank you Patrick! That fixed the problem! All of the plugins work now, no crashes! Smile