Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug-in Module based on KV Element
I've mentioned this before, but I've been using the phenomenally flexible Kushview Element to manage plugins within Mixbus, and it seems like a great fit. This is a modular plugin host, allowing for parallel chains at the track level, as well as other functions that really fill in some gaps in the way that Mixbus handles plugs, and with the plugs themselves, like the ability to oversample any plug inside of it. I haven't used it for midi, but users who are frustrated with the midi implementation in MB may well find this is also a solution.

This project is open-source, so it would be simple to adapt an integrated module and make it directly available in Mixbus. This might allow for drag-and-drop between insert plugs and hosted ones, which would really make this workflow sing. Currently, drag-and-drop works only with the list and plugin folders. Another minor issue is that the plugin search bar doesn't work in MB, although it works fine in the stand-alone host.

The software itself is currently offered as donationware for $2 a download, so perhaps the developer would appreciate the opportunity to make a Mixbus custom module, or perhaps the Harrison team would like to do so. Not my business, I just hope that this notion catches some attention for this excellent tool, which I'm finding indispensable. It works better than any of the competing software, which I have demoed, and could be nearly perfect if it were integrated a little better with Mixbus.

https://github.com/kushview/Element
https://kushview.net/products/element/
  • Runs inside your DAW as an AU/VST/VST3/AAX Plugin
  • Convert VST and AU plugins to AAX
  • External Sync w/ MIDI Clock
  • MIDI Controller Mapping
  • Graph Mixer – Adjust levels on individual plugins
  • Global Channel Strip – single channel strip showing the current node
  • Graph Importing and Exporting
  • Sub Graphing – Nest Graphs within each other.
  • Velocity Curves
  • Route Audio and MIDI from anywhere to anywhere
  • Play virtual instruments and effects live
  • Create re-usable instrument and effect graphs
  • Graph Pre Loading – Quickly change graphs by keeping heavy-weight plugins loaded
  • Chain Multiple Effects Plugins together
  • Flexible connectivity via Patch Bay and Graph Editor
  • Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Internal Specialty Nodes
  • Support for AU/VST/VST3 plugin formats
  • Placeholder Nodes – when Plugins are missing, this passes the audio through
    • Can also be added manually to build session templates with
  • Built In Virtual Keyboard
  • Multiple Undo/Redo
  • Node replace – swap plugins without disconnecting

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)