Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my audio....just for 1 song
Not sure what I have done wrong here. I moved all my stuff (Mixbus, mix sessions, plugins etc) to a new computer yesterday. Generally it all works fine, but there's 1 song that I must have messed up somehow - I can see activity in the meters on the tracks, I can see activity in the meters on the buses, but there is nothing on the meter for the master bus. I read somewhere that a rogue plugin might be the cause, so I disabled all the plugins in the song, but still no sound. Do I need to go as far as deleting all the plugins - 1 at a time, until I find the culprit, obviously, but I suppose that will result in me losing all my plugin settings for that song..? It also sounds like a major PITA!

Every other session I have seems to work OK, and I use pretty much the same plugins in most things.
I'm not quite sure what to try next. I suppose I could try copying the session from my old computer again.....
Hi Dr.Gerry and welcome to the Mixbus world. One rogue plugin should not kill audio for an entire session unless it is in the Master or Monitor chain and there is something in that plugin causing grief. (OR if one plugin has a section Solo engaged ... but bypass should stop that)
No need to start deleting plugins, just bypass. Select channels + backslash / will disable or enable plugin bypass globally.
Check the Master strip and the Monitor strip and bypass any/all plugins.
Check that the Mixbusses are assigned to Master.
Check that you don't have a channel in solo.
Check your Audio Engine setup and that the Monitor strip (if you use) or the Master is assigned to a Hardware input.
Create a new track, and a signal gen plugin (comes installed) and buzz some tone around until you suss it out.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi Gerry
Some suggestions:
- You can open a session with all the plugins bypassed by pressing Ctrl when opening the session
- Maybe this special sesion has a character in the names (session, track, mixbuses) that is not recognised well in the other PC
- Delete the content of the "peak" folder, open the session (the content vill be recrated by MB) and see whether it helped
- some settings or plugin certificates might be not there or corrupt in the other machine

some things to try is not necessarily solve th case but helps to get closer to the root of the issue
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks Tassy and Dingo (do you guys know each other by any chance..or maybe live in the same neighbourhood.?)  Wink

Turned out I not only had to disable a particular plugin, but also delete it (Brainworkx BX_Meter). I thought I had authorised everything on the new PC, but obviously not.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to provide assistance. I was a long time Cakewalk user (20 years+), but ever since I made the switch to Mixbus, every day I have found something that makes me so much happier that I am now a Mixbus user. This forum is one of those things!
We live other sites of the same planet, far away, but Mixbus gets all of us very closeSmile
As to Brainworks BX I had it on my PC, HD kicked the bucket, I have never succeded to authorizing it again on the new machine, no aswer from them, so said bye-bye to the plug
more in your private mail
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,