Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Routing Synth Module sounds into Mixbus 32c, How do you set this up please?
Greetings.  I cannot figure out how to get my synth modules to sound within Mixbus, must be an In/Out setting issue somewhere, something not lined up correctly.  I am stumped.  My 1st time trying to set this up in Mixbus.  Am used to RCA sends in the "real world" to outboard gear.  
My hardware signal chain is this:
Controller Keyboard with USB into computer, Midi out to MOTU Micro Lite In; synth modules connected to Micro Lite's outs to modules' In; then synth modules Midi outs back into MicroLite In ports. MicroLite is connected by USB to computer.
I am not understanding how to get the sounds into Mixbus 32c - does there have to be 2 tracks? 1 sending out to the Modules and 1 for the Midi data coming in from the modules?  And, are they both to be Midi tracks in Mixbus32c or is 1 supposed to be an audio track?   
Is it correct set up to send the signal from the controller keyboard into Mixbus and then go out to the modules that way (if so, how/where is this configured? I assume via a Midi track?). 
Then, I'm assuming a 2nd 32c Midi Track (or audio track?) receives the incoming data (again, how to configure the In/Out pathways. Having some difficulty following the set up in the Grid Port thing).
Thanks for any assistance.
https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/category/31-midi
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5