Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with recording audio and exporting wav. Files
Hello. I just recently purchased Mixbus6 yesterday and so far not bad. But I am having a couple of major issues.  
I am having trouble recording audio or exporting wav files.. I cannot do either. When I try to record a wav file I get a small bar with lines through it and no audio. I have checked and made sure that my input was correct at the top of the track. The first picture is what I got plus the error codes. I have even ran as an administrator. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I get the same issue. 
When I try to export to wav, I also get another error. I can export MP3 with ease. But I cannot do wav. Or anything associated with wav files. I have tried numerous times. I have also checked to see if I had permission for everything and I’m sure I do . I have a picture also of the errors I also initially had issues with importing wav. files to the daw. And I can send that over when you respond to this. Anyone have any advice. I’ve been googling for hours now. I have also changed the names of my files as well because I read that it could be an issue as well. I also tried to set up a new session and tried to calibrate audio. When I did that, I got an error there too. 

***A side note, the last picture I will post is something that happened during install. Someone said that it is searching for a font. But I don’t know what font to look for. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello, Tyreebme, and welcome to the Mixbus Forum!

The first thing that I'd like to address is your installation of Mixbus.
You should not experience errors there and, while that is true, one cannot expect a reliable usage experience.
Because you have attempted an uninstall and reinstall, both exhibiting the same results, I recommend the following:

- Backup and Un-install the version of Mixbus that you've been struggling with.
I see that you've made some great changes to the default mixer color scheme and I'm sorry that you will have to reapply all those changes,
but if you make a backup of this install first then you should be able to copy in any customization files once you get up and running reliably.

- Re-download Mixbus. The latest version should be: 6.2.270. My feeling is that you might have a corrupted image so let's get another one.
The goal here is to see a clean installation of Mixbus. If you see errors with this then it should reported to Harrison so they can address
whatever is causing this with your particular computer base.

- Please provide us (here and at Harrison) with a detailed description of your computer:
Are you using an off-the-shelf computer (Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc. Make & Model) or a home-built (Motherboard make/model) solution?
CPU type, amount of RAM, storage option, etc.
What OS are you running? Have you installed the latest device drivers for your hardware?
Which Audio Interface are you using?
These are all important points to know if your installation or post-install use is not reliable.

That's all from me for the time being.
There are some really savy members who read the posts here but you should also be working with Harrison - they take issues like this quite seriously.

Cheers!
Patrick
BTW...
You can simply copy your existing license key back into place.
You will not need to request a new one.

Cheers!
Patrick
Welcome among the Mixbus guysSmile

Two things I would suggest
- do not use characters like %_ ... dot and letters like Ú Á etc. in names of sessions and tracks either for record or import
- The preferences of the export wave file format seems to be not full. Try to chose some of the standard ones just for a try to see what happens.
I think you can export mp3 maybe because the selection is not so multi-option as for the wave so you could not do a mistake when customizing

I had a lot issues no one could solve till I installed a US windows, use US fonts and the place and language is also US during installing windows. Later I chaged for Hungarian keyboard.
If the install Windows wass not fully US in the install options some strange things always used to happen.
I wonder these may help you as it did for me.
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(02-12-2021, 12:03 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Hello, Tyreebme, and welcome to the Mixbus Forum!

You should not experience errors there and, while that is true, one cannot expect a reliable usage experience.
Because you have attempted an uninstall and reinstall, both exhibiting the same results, I recommend the following:

I see that you've made some great changes to the default mixer color scheme and I'm sorry that you will have to reapply all those changes,
but if you make a backup of this install first then you should be able to copy in any customization files once you get up and running reliably.

- Re-download Mixbus. The latest version should be: 6.2.270. My feeling is that you might have a corrupted image so let's get another one.
The goal here is to see a clean installation of Mixbus. If you see errors with this then it should reported to Harrison so they can address

- Please provide us (here and at Harrison) with a detailed description of your computer:
Are you using an off-the-shelf computer (Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc. Make & Model) or a home-built (Motherboard make/model) solution?
What OS are you running? Have you installed the latest device drivers for your hardware?
These are all important points to know if your installation or post-install use is not reliable.

There are some really savy members who read the posts here but you should also be working with Harrison - they take issues like this quite seriously.

Cheers!
Patrick

I know I am due for an upgrade.  But I have at HP Envy 1TB HD, 12 GB Ram, Intel dual core I7, 3.1 htz processor. Was purchased Aug 2014.
(02-12-2021, 12:14 PM)Tassy Wrote: Welcome among the Mixbus guysSmile

- do not use characters like %_ ... dot and letters like Ú Á etc. in names of sessions and tracks either for record or import
- The preferences of the export wave file format seems to be not full. Try to chose some of the standard ones just for a try to see what happens.
I think you can export mp3 maybe because the selection is not so multi-option as for the wave so you could not do a mistake when customizing

I had a lot issues no one could solve till I installed a US windows, use US fonts and the place and language is also US during installing windows. Later I chaged for Hungarian keyboard.
If the install Windows wass not fully US in the install options some strange things always used to happen.
best
Tassy

I am actually in the US. Ironically, the same area where Harrison Consoles are based out of. Im sure I have a US version. But how do I check.
(02-12-2021, 12:03 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Hello, Tyreebme, and welcome to the Mixbus Forum!

Cheers!
Patrick

Also I’m using a UAD Apollo Twin duo USB. And my updates are automatic.
Your laptop seems to be sufficient; I'm currently running a Dell Precision m4600 (over 10 years old) - quad i7 w 16 GB RAM - no performance issues at all.
I'm running AVLinux as an OS. I also run a Windows 10 Pro rig (similar computer) with no issues either. One thing I recommend is to NOT regularly apply
updates to your OS and, that implies that you do NOT use your DAW for other Internet related activities. Yes, it is certainly capable of running many types
of applications but being attached to the Internet nowadays means that you need to be up-to-date with security patches. And, to Microsoft, that means
subscribing to frequent updates, many of which, include all kinds of other application related patches that just might affect your DAW. Do what you need
to do with your gear but be forewarned.

Regarding your question about Mixbus download... As long as you've downloaded it from the Harrison site it is what you want.
Final words for tonight - I would try a new download of 6.2.270 before making other changes to your rig.
Resolving computer related problems works best if you focus on one aspect at a time.

Cheers!
Patrick
Which version of Windows do you have?
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(02-12-2021, 12:14 PM)Tassy Wrote: Welcome among the Mixbus guysSmile

best
Tassy

I recently discovered something. Mixbus is adding the % character to my files. IM actually not doing it. I checked the error messages and each one have interchange to a percentage.