Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template Mixing and Mastering
Hi Guys,

I hope I am not late to tell the today live event option on the book "Templeta Mixing and Mastering" written by an old friend of mine together whom we used to learn and practice years in Mixcoach.
at 5.00 pm UK time
Thanks 
Tassy

Here are the links to Kevin's event: (Kevin Ward is the founder of Mixcoach almost a decade back)
The response to the book has been amazing since release outside UK in January it has topped the Amazon music book charts in USA, Canada, Australia, France, Japan and Netherlands!!!...Its being reviewed by Sound on sound and computer music and has been on  and will be forever, available to view on the links you gave - Facebook LIVE or Youtube LIVE : Watch it now
https://www.facebook.com/107415685986113...204789624/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIANvQwJJ0I

Just one thing from the book as on the video, creating a kick/snare/ any sound by blending more samples at the same time..., interesting approach

I think it can help mixing engineers on any level. Loking on something from another point of view is always interesting.

best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Updated and corrected the original post since I saw it got messed up by strange character lines describing the type of the text.
The youtube link is easier to see
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Tassy -

Thanks for the heads-up! I watched a couple of Billy's interviews last night and ordered the book, currently "On Sale" over at Amazon.
Looking forward to seeing how his methods compare with what we've all been discussing here in the MB Forum!

Cheers!
Patrick
I have template in Mixbus but can be useful now only for the buses and the master setup.
For the tracks to import/drag waves in the proper premade one would need some changes in the import options:

- For example dragging a wave to the start would be simple to let it fall into the track header, hoverng over it, instead of the track line
That is simple in some other daws. and do not need other motions
- Can be done also right clicking on the header of the prepared track eg kick and the import list would show up where the kick could be selected and hit enterSmile
All depends how it would complicate the software.
- Another thing is that from given material, where the name and the content of the file is a surpriseSmile moving the waves to the proper template track is also an additional move that cannot be avoided.

I wonder how it is solved in the book. Protools is a strange animal...
Tassy
I agree with your points.
My main interest is to review Billy's approach to templates - instrumentation family setup, default setup of EQ compressors, plugins, etc.
The preview of his book (Amazon let's you read a few pages) revealed his consistent use of drum samples along with the actual tracked drums
and how he prepared the original drum tracks. It also "hinted" at some of the default plugins he has sitting on the channel strips of various
other instrumental and vocal tracks. All this may or may not be applicable to MB/MB32C. I'll find out upon reading the book!
Cheers!
Patrick
Hey Tassy,

I watched that live stream and bought the book as well.

I have a Mixbus template that I roughly work with.

Would like to see your template Smile

Nathan
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(02-08-2021, 08:59 AM)Tassy Wrote: Hi Guys,

I hope I am not late to tell the today live event option on the book "Templeta Mixing and Mastering" written by an old friend of mine together whom we used to learn and practice years in Mixcoach.
at 5.00 pm UK time
Thanks 
Tassy

Here are the links to Kevin's event: (Kevin Ward is the founder of Mixcoach almost a decade back)
The response to the book has been amazing since release outside UK in January it has topped the Amazon music book charts in USA, Canada, Australia, France, Japan and Netherlands!!!...Its being reviewed by Sound on sound and computer music and has been on  and will be forever, available to view on the links you gave -  Facebook LIVE or Youtube LIVE : Watch it now
https://www.facebook.com/107415685986113...204789624/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIANvQwJJ0I

Just one thing from the book as on the video, creating a kick/snare/ any sound by blending more samples at the same time..., interesting approach

I think it can help mixing engineers on any level. Loking on something from another point of view is always interesting.

best
Tassy

Hi Tassy!

I miss your videos too on youtube about Mixbus!
effectively Mixcoach Videos are very magnifiques!

Ray!
Cool