Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Controllers for Windows
Starting this thread as a general location to have controller configuration questions for all controllers.

My current question is with the Artist Mix by AVID.  This mixer utilizes ethernet connectivity to a VPN via the Raspberry Pi bridge, which enables anything connected to the Pi to show up on any VNP Windows virtual machine.  

I am able to ping the controller from the virtual Windows machine, confirming it is connected to the network.  Using EUCON (which includes EuControl) I am again able to connect to the controller via the EuControl settings>surfaces tab and adding it to "My Surfaces".  The controller then shows connectivity by changing the AVID channel labels to small rectangles (which shows empty channel slots. 

In Mixbus preferences>control surfaces>Mackie checkbox is checked along with Artist Mix as a device is selected and MIDI channels send and receive are both Euphonix EuMidi1. 

What is needed in the Audio/Midi setup??

There is a last step I am missing! Any help would be much appreciated!
I was able to find the last step and wanted to post my findings.....

After all of the previous steps were taken, MIDI channels needed to be applied to Mixbus.

1.  Open Control Panel on your Windows machine
2.  Right-click on the EUCON application, 
     * choose RUN as ADMINISTRATOR
     * allow this app to make changes to your device, click YES
3.  Click ADD
     * Select the Mixbus.exe application (careful not to choose an alias, this has crashed my virtual machine)
     * It will auto assign midi channels
     * Network Interface: Select All Interfaces
     * Click OK
4.  Right click on the EuControl icon in the lower right taskbar.
     * Select: EuControl Settings
     * Go to the assign tab
     * You should see the 8 channels of your Artist Mix.  In the right column click on the first channel saying "auto assign". 
        This opens a pulldown menu which provides the channels in Mixbus to select.  I have not seen the Artist Mix auto populate.

I hope this helps and please reply to this thread if you find corrections or additions to this process that might benefit the community!

Adam
There is an entire forum sub-section just for discussing controllers in Mixbus.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps