Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPU Advice Needed
Any recommendations for a new GPU for a W10 machine running MB 32c v6(and earlier)?  On an AMD B350 motherboard, 1800x Ryzen, 32GB ram.  Current GPU’s I have are nVidia GT9800 and GTX 720.  I need 3 monitor support, one of which is a UHD 43”.  The 9800 only supports 2 monitors and the 720, while supporting 3 including the UHD is very laggy with Mixbus on window resizing.  I’ve read on the forum that nVidia is problematic which I believe....  I’ve had problems with DPC latency and it required lots of experimentation with many nVidia driver versions to make MB behave.  I’ve read on the forums that the AMD/Radeon GPU’s are much better behaved with Mixbus....  No gaming for me, just music, some video editing, and general productivity stuff.  Running a FireWire interface as well as a couple of Delta 1010 PCI-based interfaces.  I would prefer to not spend more than $150-250 USD on this interface.  One HDMI, one or two DVI, or one DVI and one VGA....  (my smaller/older monitors are nice and don’t want to replace them with HDMI or DV ones.  Any and all advice would be most appreciated!!!  I’m re-configuring my home studio after about two years hiatus and want to jump back in properly.  Thanks in advance!
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K